PDA

View Full Version : Hand o' the day: betting with the underpair

mtdoak
06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
These seems to be a somewhat common situation....anyone have any better lines for it other than bet/fold , bet/fold?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

I'm not including hte river because, IMHO, its inconsequential to the hand. I'm taking the free showdown barring a miracle card, correct?

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

JoshuaD
06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Any reads on SB? Some guys will play this way everytime with a 9, some guys will peal with overcards. If you know which he is, the best line becomes apparent.

Against an unknown I like your line. I'd like it even better if the board was a little more coordinated.

sy_or_bust
06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't think there are any better lines. On the flop, you're obviously hoping CO will raise you A-high. When that doesn't happen, bet/fold with a river check behind is the only good line.