PDA

View Full Version : Weird GT+ behavior. Is this normal?

Nigel
06-14-2005, 09:52 PM
I just tried GT+. Simple enough to set up, a pain in that you have add tables.

Anyhoo, some player's info never ends up showing while some guys sit down and it gives them a 0/0/0/1 right after their first hand. Then, when people leave the table, their stats linger and don't disappear for quite some time, if at all. New players end up with the last guy's info.

Is this all normal?

Also, I'd like to try this PokerAce app, but doesn't anyone worry that this stuff could contain malicious code? Sorry to be so untrusting, I'm sure PokerAce is a most likely a good guy. I'm left thinking Playerview (which is buggy as hell too) is the only way to go on this one so far, but I know some of you guys are making these other apps work for you, so I'm curious as to how.

Thanks,

Nigel

MiguelSanchez
06-15-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just tried GT+. Simple enough to set up, a pain in that you have add tables.

Anyhoo, some player's info never ends up showing while some guys sit down and it gives them a 0/0/0/1 right after their first hand. Then, when people leave the table, their stats linger and don't disappear for quite some time, if at all. New players end up with the last guy's info.

Is this all normal?

Also, I'd like to try this PokerAce app, but doesn't anyone worry that this stuff could contain malicious code? Sorry to be so untrusting, I'm sure PokerAce is a most likely a good guy. I'm left thinking Playerview (which is buggy as hell too) is the only way to go on this one so far, but I know some of you guys are making these other apps work for you, so I'm curious as to how.

Thanks,

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about the GT+ problem with the "0/0/0/1" thing unless they just don't play the first hand.

A player's info will not disappear once they leave the table until someone else takes their spot, and PokerTracker imports a hand where the new person is in that seat. Until then, it will just show the old player's info. Sometimes people sit down but wait for the BB, so it seems like they've been there for a while with the old stats, but that's normal.

Regarding PokerAce's program, I've got ZoneAlarm to prevent any unauthorized sending of internet messages so I'm not worried about it providing any info about myself, and I don't see why you would be more suspicious of that program than GT+ or PlayerView. Nobody has reported problems, and I know the risks of being on the internet, I just learn to accept them and try to protect myself.