PDA

View Full Version : One HU Hand For Review . . .

EasilyFound
06-14-2005, 08:59 PM
$11 SNG. Villain was playing most passive. Mostly calling and checking preflop. I think he had raised 2xBB once in last 12 hands or so. He had been a fish during earlier in the game. Is this an automatic call because he's low on chips and would move in with almost anything or do you let go, because you haven't invested too much?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1220)
Hero (t6780)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls t200, Hero checks.

Flop: (t800) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t820 (All-In)</font>, Hero ????

lastchance
06-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I call, because you're at least 20% with 2:1 pot odds, and even lousy players are pushing here.

Freudian
06-14-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call, because you're at least 20% with 2:1 pot odds, and even lousy players are pushing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

With these stack sizes I am calling if I catch anything on the flop.

lastchance
06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
You could have pushed the flop. A laydown here would own.

zipppy
06-14-2005, 09:15 PM
You mentioned that he had been very passive in his preflop play...was this also true in postflop play? (you may have not seen much by this point)

I think your mistake was checking the flop and letting him go all in. Since you were first to act I think pushing is the way to go. If he has X,5 or X,2 he will probably push after you check, but he may fold if you go allin first.

Now, assuming I was in your exact position (checking after the flop). If he is as passive as you indicated, I think I'd fold after he pushed, as my opportunities to steal his blinds should be great enough to make up for losing this hand's big blind. If you call and lose, you're closer to even, but if you fold and wait for the next hand you can be very aggressive.

Another benefit to folding here is that you may lull him into a check/push mode, believing that you'll fold when he shows great strength. This can be a great setup to trapping $11 players later when you're HU, especially when they're trying to come from behind. That's just my experience, though...others' opinions?

&gt;&gt;&gt;ZIPPPY

EasilyFound
06-14-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A laydown here would own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so not hip that I don't even know what that means . . . "would own." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DasLeben
06-14-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A laydown here would own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so not hip that I don't even know what that means . . . "would own." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It means it would pwn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EasilyFound
06-14-2005, 10:32 PM
pwn? /images/graemlins/confused.gif