PDA

View Full Version : Calling all-ins with QQ preflop.

kiffl
06-14-2005, 08:51 PM
This is a problem I was thinking about the other day. How many preflop all-ins can you call with QQ? To illustrate the point lets say you start a Party Poker 10+1 and are on the big blind. First hand of the sng you are dealt QQ. The utg player moves all-in and 2 players call, do you call? What if only 1 player moved all-in and one called(2 players total all-in). I think you should call no more than 2 all-ins personally. Discuss

valenzuela
06-14-2005, 08:54 PM
this poll is really, really stupid. Sorry but u dont have the option of folding , if UTG pushes right away on level 1, im folding with no reads.

lastchance
06-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Are you serious? At the low levels, this is a terrible fold. Maybe the higher up you go, the more it means KK/AA.

kiffl
06-14-2005, 09:01 PM
He doesn't have to be utg, thats not the point. I think it would be a very bad idea to fold QQ preflop from one all-in, espically in a 10+1.

valenzuela
06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
yes I would fold QQ if UTG pushed in level 1, I think chances are ull say bye-bye tourney. However on a normal situation I call an all-in, still how can that poll have 9 and not 0, where is Microbet super database? I have a few sngs I can cooperate with.

Karak567
06-14-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this poll is really, really stupid. Sorry but u dont have the option of folding , if UTG pushes right away on level 1, im folding with no reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh in a 33 just yesterday UTG + 1 pushed all in on the first hand, I called with AA and he showed 59os.

Folding QQ at any level below 55 pre-flop I think is terrible.

valenzuela
06-14-2005, 09:16 PM
ehh the other day I called with QQ and the dude had KK and I busted...so maybe one all-in is too tight but there are defenetly some situations where folding QQ is right( 3 all-ins which is not extreme on party)

TStokes
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree that if there is just one player who goes all in I will probably call. However, if 2 or more people are all in before it gets to me I will let it go.

ChipLeader
06-14-2005, 09:22 PM
This is where Poker Prophecy is useful. You can get reads without ever playing a hand, if theyre bad i call, if theyre good i fold, if theyre unlisted or you odnt have prophecy position and BR would make some difference to me. If im one of the blinds or button, anywhere late enough to know there arent any other callers, i would probably call. If im early id have to think about it, if the 10.00 means a lot to my BR i would fold and try to win the tourny by playing poker, not guessing. If the 10.00 means very little i call, hope to double, then cruise thru the tourny cause theyre easy when youre the big stack.

At most, im calling one all in, or 9...

zipppy
06-14-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ehh the other day I called with QQ and the dude had KK and I busted...so maybe one all-in is too tight but there are defenetly some situations where folding QQ is right( 3 all-ins which is not extreme on party)

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted 9. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif I figure, if everyone goes allin the first hand, then a ton of the aces and kings are in peoples hands, right (in which case they probably won't pair up on the board)? So even if I'm up against KK or AA, I may still end up in 2nd or 3rd.

Also, if everyone goes allin preflop, I've spent less time and can move on to the next tourney. Maybe that's just the multitabler in me, though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, if everyone moved allin first hand and I was the BB, I'd probably fold and wrap up 2nd place like a little girl.

What if you had aces? Would you fold from the BB if everyone moved allin?

Big Limpin'
06-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I voted for 7. Originally, i was going to vote 6, but reconsidered. Thats just too tight.

OP: having a guy push is no big deal. Having another guy call his push IS a big deal. I wouldnt call if someone else looks up the original pusher.

TStokes
06-14-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

zipppy
06-14-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, probably me too. I always look at my WWYD bracelet and ask myself, "What Would Yugo Do?"

ilya
06-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I voted "2." I think at the $10s you should prolly call 2 all-ins with JJ as well.

DasLeben
06-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Where's the vote for "a million bajillion"? I'm really bored.