PDA

View Full Version : Intimidation as you move up...

Brudder Andrusha
01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
I recently had a couple of nice winning sessions as I moved up playing 10-20 & 10-20-30-30, but it didn't come easy. In fact several players at the table took the strategy that I was a weak passive player. This didn't phase me really although I really couldn't change my strategy too much.

A couple of players figured that just because I would steal the antes when I had the high card that I could be pressured and bet into right up to the river.

One Chinese woman was playing so much and I figured winning with bluffs that I chose not to play in confrontational mode. However, on one hand 3 players were left including myself to the river when I had the following hand K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif - A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ...

The Chinese woman had X X 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
and she bets $20... And I call and I take the pot when she whimpers "Small pair"... AND then she leaves the table in a storm. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

In another game I played a bit - and because I was up I chose to leave the table because I thought that one player was teeing off on me because I won a large pot on a small Full house after he was trying to bluff the pot.

I'd like to hear how some of you veterans how you handle intimidation.