PDA

View Full Version : TT - Ace flops

spacemonkey57
06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I've got 40 hands on villan and he's 20/7. He doesn't have enough postflop play to be meaningful. Folding when he bets feels weak, is it? I'm completely lost in hands like this. Should I give up on the turn to the second overcard? Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

nomadtla
06-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I have a lot of trouble in those situations too. I want to protect my hand but I don't wanna waste bets on a weak donk whose got me drawing to 2 outs. And I don't wanna give him (or anyone else at the table)the idea I can be bought off a hand I raised preflop with a bet on the river.
I hate to say I think your beat AXo (I say that cause that's a more donk hand. I'd probably check turn and if I had to call a bet on the river though. But I have a tendency to leak like a seive on these. That's why I'm looking intently for other more skilled responses on this hand.

CanadianAmy
06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I am in the same boat as you, and looking forward to responses.

Amy

Joel_Fish
06-14-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll admit: I don't know much and I don't read in the heads up and short handed forum. However folding the flop doesn't seem like a bad play. The pot is small and you were the preflop raiser and the BB (who gets to see the flop at half price) bets into you. What other hands would the villain do this with, other than an ace or better? Furthermore he's 20/7 (which at least SUGGESTS that you're up against a TAG, even if you don't have enough hands to make a definitive read) and 1/2 at Party Poker is pretty tight/passive (from what I hear) so this only futhers my suspision that he's got a weak Ace.

If I had raised the flop (and I think I would have folded instead), I think I would take my free card on the turn and hope he checks the river. I want to spend my money where I have a better chance of winning.

Hmm, maybe I should read up on WA/WB play.

the_rookie
06-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Drawless board + small pot + A on board = me folding TT.

On another note, seeing BB showdown is a good idea too. since you are readless against this guy.

But after 40 hands you should have some type of read. Is he more aggresive with fewer players in the hand? Will he bet second pair?

Chris Daddy Cool
06-14-2005, 09:52 PM
heads up its not really neccessary to raise this flop.

AngelicPenguin
06-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Villain was 20/7...why do you think he's a donk?

Sinnister
06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Folding is unacceptable because tt and kk should be played the same here. Bet the flop bet the turn check the river

Sinnister
06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I didnt look carefully enough, though the flop is a raise or fold situation a player with those stats probably has aj suited here maybe even AK and the q scared him, he also could have jacks or even tens and u could make him lay it down i would play it the same way u did and check the river

the_rookie
06-14-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is unacceptable because tt and kk should be played the same here. Bet the flop bet the turn check the river

[/ QUOTE ]

BB led the flop. Do you mean to call down instead or did you like the flop raise?

Thinking about this hand some more I see more value in raising now. But I do not advocate betting this turn. Wouldn't it be a better play to check behind? Your aggresion on both streets may drive out hands that villian would be betting the flop with that we'd like to be paid off with. (Hoping he doesn't have an ace) A pair of 8s or a pair of 2s or a midpair 33-99.

The turn card isn't much of a threat, so I don't mind checking the turn to possibly induce a bluff on the river.

And yes we are betting this river if checked to.

Duerig
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM
I think I just call this one down heads up. I don't really like raising the flop.

Jakesta
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Fold the flop. It's a tiny pot.

TomBrooks
06-15-2005, 07:30 AM
I fold the flop. What 20/7 is going to bet an ace on the flop into a preflop raiser without a pocket ace?