PDA

View Full Version : 10 7 off suit VS A9 suited

bigplaya69
06-14-2005, 08:03 PM
OK guys, i was playing at my friends house last night, and my brother pushed all in A9, and got a caller that showed 10 7 off. a9 had 570 in chips, caller had about 1000 in chips, blinds were at 20-40 in chips, we all started at 800 in chips. 9 person single table tourney 8 people remaining. No huge stack at table. I am having an arguement with my friend because he thinks the guy was right to call the all in with 10 7 off suit. They went heads up.

My theory is that I think that the guy is a horrible player and should not have called.
My friend thinks differently because of the situation that the guy had "live cards" and could go heads up against one person.
Caller caught a 7 and won with pair of 7s. A9 eliminated from tourney.
Please explain what you all think please. Thanks

lastchance
06-14-2005, 08:05 PM
There's no reason to push with 15x BB and 570 in chips, unless there are limpers.

There's also no reason to call a 15x BB push with a hand that isn't a favorite if your opponent is pushing any 2.

Live cards are good. Getting pwned by a good range isn't.

Maulik
06-14-2005, 09:10 PM
there is no reason for the player with t1000 chips to risk t580 of his stack with live cards for any reason. He can find a better spot. if he's willing to call almost 60% of his stack with what he expects to be live cards what is he going to call the rest of his stack with?