PDA

View Full Version : Two tough NL400 6 max hands

Popinjay
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
My image: I raise a lot preflop, both in and out of position. I am also aggressive postflop in my raised pots.

Hand 1

Opponent is quite loose preflop (50VPIP) and is moderately aggressive. Before this he has mostly folded to me postflop. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($845.2)
Hero ($1232.3)
UTG ($378.35)
MP ($372)
CO ($384.9)
Button ($409.4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, UTG calls $12, SB folds.

Flop: ($36) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $56</font>, Hero calls $28.

Turn: ($148) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $90</font>, Hero calls $90.

River: ($328) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $216.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero...

Hand 2

Opponent is 27/10. Haven't seen him do anything notable. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($824.7)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($1122.3)</font>
UTG ($491.35)
MP ($354)
CO ($418.9)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($403.4)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $16.

Flop: ($42) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $50</font>, Hero calls $50.

Turn: ($142) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, Button calls $120.

River: ($382) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $100</font>, Hero...

Vavavoom
06-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Hand 1 - I think this is a call...If he has JT, so be it...I think u are against AQ...

Hand 2 - I'm not one for 4 flush boards.....I fold this without question.....AcXx is staying in this hand.....U maybe could have led out on flop to see where you are at....but I think there is a club out there....

soah
06-15-2005, 05:18 AM
The first hand looks like a set. A "moderately aggressive" opponent would be taking a free showdown with a pair of queens there, right? 76 is the only draw on the flop and that hit on the turn, so I don't see any sort of busted hand that he could be bluffing with on the end.

The second hand I'd probably play the same way, it just sucks though when you get that river card.

AEKDBet
06-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Hi Popinjay,

You are a preflop raising bastard.

I would imagine villain has finally "caught a hand" against you with AQ and is making a mistake on river by pushing, putting you on a weaker kicker/pair. Stats?

I grit teeth and call.

Hand 2 - well fold the river duh. I like flop check, and turn lead very much.

edit - Changed my mind. UTG in hand 1 prob has a set.... oh well.

Popinjay
06-15-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The first hand looks like a set. A "moderately aggressive" opponent would be taking a free showdown with a pair of queens there, right? 76 is the only draw on the flop and that hit on the turn, so I don't see any sort of busted hand that he could be bluffing with on the end.

The second hand I'd probably play the same way, it just sucks though when you get that river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand I thought he might check the river with a Q, which is why I called the turn, hoping to get a cheap showdown. Do you like that plan too?

As for stats on first villain he was 50VPIP low PFR (like 3-6 I think) and something like 1.5-2.5 or whatever postflop agg. I like using stats for preflop stuff but the postflop stats I find aren't too reliable.

jpg7n16
06-15-2005, 05:50 AM
So in hand 2.... if he doesn't have a high /images/graemlins/club.gif why else would he bet the river?? I think any low club just checks to find out if his is high enough to win.

The only other option would be that he bet because you checked. And it was a weak bet at that. So I'm leaning away from this one. Post-oak??

Naaaah... I think he has a high flush (and maybe a pair too).

soah
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
I do that sometimes too, but I feel a lot better about if if I've seen previous hands where my opponent has checked behind on the river with TPTK/overpairs on relatively safe boards. Of course, it would also be helpful if I've seen my opponent minraise the flop with top pair... so I guess what I'm saying is, some opponents will only do this (the preflop/flop/turn action) with a set, but others will do it with less.

I've only logged a couple thousands hands of 2/4 six-max at party but from what I've seen, most people have got a big hand when they get their $400 in the pot. So without any specific read to the contrary, that's what I've got to assume in this case as well...

jpg7n16
06-15-2005, 05:57 AM
And hand one.... if you don't think YHIG on the river, why did you think it was good on any of the other streets??

If you're gonna fold on the river (unless a really obvious draw hit, like 4 clubs on the board or so) then don't bother calling the bet on the turn. Or if the flop min-raise scares you fold then. I might min-raise/push there, but that's just me.

The river didn't complete any draw or help any reasonable holding for villan so I say, as you played it, call.

Edit: This doesn't look like the work of a draw on the flop. Looks more like trying to protect a hand.

I like the AQ (maybe KQ, QJ depending on how loose he is) proposal. KQ explains why you couldn't hit trips /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AEKDBet
06-15-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only logged a couple thousands hands of 2/4 six-max at party but from what I've seen, most people have got a big hand when they get their $400 in the pot. So without any specific read to the contrary, that's what I've got to assume in this case as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah $100 is a helluva bet at the 400's. Fold.