PDA

View Full Version : Ok to slowplay this?

og5
06-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Villian has weak tight stats and .5 AF, I think this was a good slowplay situation? What's your line here?

Thanks

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

sy_or_bust
06-14-2005, 08:00 PM
This situation doesn't matter. You weren't going to make much money from MP3's black queens, or whatever he held. But you certainly made a (small) mistake leading into a passive player on this scary board.

mantasm
06-14-2005, 08:01 PM
start by checking the flop. why would you bet? he can't have any decent diamonds, you have them all.

Moneyline
06-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I don't think it's a great time to slowplay because there aren't many turn cards that will improve him significantly (since you hold the two highest diamonds). Nevertheless, I think betting out is your worst option in this spot. I'd prefer a check/raise here and then bet out on all subsequent streets.

BTW, I'm not sure what .5 AF means, but I think check/raising is right against almost any opponent.

Klepton
06-14-2005, 08:18 PM
if you had somthing like j9 of diamonds, then it would make sense to bet it, cuz he could have the K or Q of diamonds

being results oriented, its obvious he didn't even have an A, so you weren't gonna make much money.

i still would have c/red the flop, it makes it easier for him to call down

og5
06-14-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I'm not sure what .5 AF means, but I think check/raising is right against almost any opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

AF = Average postflop aggresion. would you try to C/R the flop or turn? I think I'd go for the flop given his passive stats

EDIT thanks klepton

poker-penguin
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
A line that has been working for me this type of situation is check-call the flop, check-raise the turn, bet out the river (if applicable).

In the rare event you are three bet on the turn and no longer have the nuts, call and check call the river. Otherwise call and check raise the river.

I think this gives your opponent the most chance to throw his money at you.

aK13
06-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Check/raise the flop....bet was dumb.