PDA

View Full Version : J-K s

nepenthe
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm in MP with JK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. There is one seemingly straightforward, loose EP limper. I flip a coin which lands heads. I limp. Button (fairly tight/aggressive, seen him make apparently judicious folds) raises. BB (loose-passive) calls, EP and I call. 4 to the flop.

Flop: T K 3, 1 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif's.

Checked to me, I check. Button bets. Both BB and EP call. I call.

Turn: Red 4.

Checked to me. I bet planning to call up to 1 more this round, depending on where the raise, if any, comes from.

Dan Rutter
06-14-2005, 07:12 PM
So what is your quetion on the hand?

but anyways
I would of proablly bet out on the flop and if i got reraised i would be thinking of folding the hand.

nepenthe
06-14-2005, 07:32 PM
My question has to do with the flop/turn plays. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Especially since the oft-used play in this situation is probably still what you stated - bet out in position to get an auto-raise from the pfr to help knock out the other players before reevaluating, et hoc genus omne.

Klepton
06-14-2005, 08:28 PM
c/r the flop, if 3-bet call down

nepenthe
06-15-2005, 12:54 AM
What is your reasoning for attempting a trap checkraise on the flop here? My hand may not be best, and even if it were, a lot of turn cards can hurt me as flush/straight draws may be out there.

JoshuaD
06-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Raise this everytime preflop. I'm assuming you're at 2/4 or 3/6 online. This is an easy raise.

I don't like a check-raise on the flop -- It'll trap the other two players in the hand. I'd rather bet out and watch what button does. Hopefully he'll raise, but if he doesn't we can continue betting the turn. If it gets HU i'm seeing a showdown.

Stack
06-15-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is one seemingly straightforward, loose EP limper

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly who I'd like to isolate preflop. I'd raise.

[ QUOTE ]
My hand may not be best

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think this way? A btn limped pf, and bet a KT3 two tone flop after everyone checked. I think you are ahead most of the time.

Raise pf, and lead the turn seems clear to me.

nepenthe
06-15-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think this way? A btn limped pf, and bet a KT3 two tone flop after everyone checked. I think you are ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually button raised pf.

Raising preflop w/JKs is certainly acceptable; it's one of those hands I like to randomly mix up in this spot. If I were in LP it'd be a raise closer to 100% of the time.