PDA

View Full Version : More on Seminars

Mason Malmuth
01-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Here's where we stand on the seminars.

On April 1 we will do a seminar at The Belagio probably at 11:00 am in the morning. David will make a presentation, and then we will have an extended question and answer session. There is no charge for the seminar.

On Friday, April 25, David and I will host a question and answer seminar at The Mirage at 2:00 pm. (Last year's session was a great success.) At 4:30, for those interested, we will go to the buffet for dinner. The seminar will be free, but there will be a charge for dinner -- it should be normal buffet price plus a tip.

Hope to see you all there.

Best wishes,
Mason /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

HDPM
01-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Well, I better mark it off on the calendar. I may not make it to Las vegas before then, so I will be needing a trip. And deserving it if my wife asks. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Last year's was good, but I think going to dinner after will be a big improvement. Haven't met a bad 2+2er yet.
Only thing is with dinner at 4:30, do we get an AARP discount? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Abe
01-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks Mason. This is great. I'll be there for the 25th.

You think we can maybe fire up a couple side games afterward in the Mirage cardroom? Maybe get that PokerBabe to stay out late? Maybe get that quiet shy polite Vince to talk a little?

mike l.
01-16-2003, 10:46 PM
"On April 1 we will do a seminar at The Belagio probably at 11:00 am in the morning. David will make a presentation"

why cant the "presentation" be on the big friday the 25th seminar when us out of town 2+2ers will be there? why does it have to be on a tuesday morning 4 weeks before? im confused..

what will he be presenting anyway? an april fools prank?

why not have a Q+A bi-annually?

and instead of 200 of us just strolling over to the buffet why not hold a more proper 2+2 get together/party. all us rich poker pros wont mind coughing up the dough for drinks and food.

mikelow
01-16-2003, 11:44 PM
And some broke pros as well....

Maybe I'll take a look as I will have returned from Germany (scouting for a possible writing contract--life changes coming up) at the end of March (brrrr.....). Since when is a weekday
a problem for poker pros?

Mason Malmuth
01-17-2003, 03:59 AM
The Bellagio tournament, The Five Star World Poker Classic, has its first event on April 2. Thus it makes sense for us to speak on April 1.

The Mirage session will be our third year running. We have always done it at the beginning of the WSOP and still feel that is a good time.

MM