PDA

View Full Version : $33 calling an allin w/A9s - called an idiot again today

microbet
06-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Villian was a multitabler who wasn't afraid to go allin.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t835)
Hero (t1035)
BB (t2460)
UTG (t2460)
MP (t1210)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Again bad converter

Fold to Button who pushes. I push further.

pearljam
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
This is margnial and probably bad with no read, since alot of the bad players will never push hear with marginal hands, since you know he is a solid multi tabler though I like the move.

zambonidrivr
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM
tough one here for me. i like the play

Sabrazack
06-14-2005, 06:49 PM
If he is pushing almost any 2 i think this is a call. You could sure use the double.

adanthar
06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Think of PartyPoker as the circle of life.

At first, on the bubble, no one ever pushed without a monster and no one ever called without a monster. Life was placid and weak-tight.

Then, someone on the forum discovered the all in with any two, convinced the forum goers, and finally began getting copied by the more adaptable monkeys. Even though most people would still never call without a monster, life became a whirlwind, filled with swings back and forth. (In fact, recently, someone came up with the heretofore unknown idea that you should fold monsters sometimes, too. This one won't get adapted, though, because you can't see folded cards.)

And then, just a few weeks ago, the forum began coming up with the notion that, if they are pushing any two, you should be calling lots of stuff. I anticipate the swings to be stilled soon when, suddenly, serious multitablers realize that pushing 72o is a bad idea when your opponent is calling with hands that have it dominated.

Like I said, the circle of life.

Freudian
06-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Good summary. I have definately loosened up my calling range vs players I suspect have a very big pushing range. And more often than not I get shown a hand I am favourite against.

lastchance
06-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Easy.

And good Button's push a very wide range here. I think curtainz is pushing any 2 (or damn near close to it)

tech
06-14-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I anticipate the swings to be stilled soon when, suddenly, serious multitablers realize that pushing 72o is a bad idea when your opponent is calling with hands that have it dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they will read HOH2 and learn that "domination is not that bad." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

microbet
06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, he doesn't have to be pushing nearly any two.

Ignoring the BB, it is +$EV if he pushes with 22+, A5s+, A6+, KTs+, KJo, QJs.

That's not a terribly wide range for a button push with just over 4 big blinds.

Adanthar, do you think this call is just good if villian is down with the latest or is it a call for the ages?

Do I need this pot?

adanthar
06-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I think this one's probably always good, but it isn't a call I would have made a year ago and many people still won't make.

Keep in mind that as SNG's change over time (partially driven by this forum, because it's now impossible to find a 50 or higher table at primetime without a trout on it), you *will* run into people that have tightened up too much and are only pushing the nuts, though.

curtains
06-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Against normal+well playing opponents this is a brainless push. Of course your opponents aren't so great but I'd lean towards pushing here almost always, as once you start to assume your opponents play terribly and too tight on button here, you are liable to make big mistakes.

I see too many posters assume their opponents play terribly and thus in response make plays that would be absolutely dreadful against well playing opponents (like folding A9s here, which IMO is extremely bad). I mean even idiots know enough to realize they are short of chips and that hands like A3o and K9o are easily strong enough to move allin here.

psyduck
06-15-2005, 03:52 AM
If you had that read on this button, pushing further is correct.