PDA

View Full Version : How to put someone on TILT.

Joe826
06-14-2005, 06:25 PM
If you've played much online you know that a long pause after a bet usually means the player will *probably* fold, of course there are exceptions to this but that's usually the case. Next time you have a very solid hand and get check/raised on the river by some outspoken ass who's sucked out on you the last 4 hands, instead of re-reraising right away, wait until your clock is down to 3 or so seconds and then pop it.

This works better if you throw in some pauses on prior hands where you fold, and it also helps to ramble in an incoherent manner while your clock is ticking down. Something like "LOL R U FUKKEN KIDDING ME?" should do the trick. Duplicate on other tables as necessary.

jvphish
06-14-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you've played much online you know that a long pause after a bet usually means the player will *probably* fold, of course there are exceptions to this but that's usually the case. Next time you have a very solid hand and get check/raised on the river by some outspoken ass who's sucked out on you the last 4 hands, instead of re-reraising right away, wait until your clock is down to 3 or so seconds and then pop it.

This works better if you throw in some pauses on prior hands where you fold, and it also helps to ramble in an incoherent manner while your clock is ticking down. Something like "LOL R U FUKKEN KIDDING ME?" should do the trick. Duplicate on other tables as necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

haa...i do something similar...

lets say i have AA with someone raising in front of me preflop (say its just us two in the hand)

ill simply call them...see the flop...if i still think i have the best hand, when they bet on the flop (which they always do) ill wait til the last second to call. theyll "feel" weakness...it works every single time. dont know why, but it does...and on the turn theyll push a BIG bet thinking ill quickly fold...then ya pounce with the reraise and shock them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zetack
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lets say i have AA with someone raising in front of me preflop (say its just us two in the hand)

ill simply call them...see the flop...if i still think i have the best hand, when they bet on the flop (which they always do) ill wait til the last second to call. theyll "feel" weakness...it works every single time. dont know why, but it does...and on the turn theyll push a BIG bet thinking ill quickly fold...then ya pounce with the reraise and shock them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have a set when they do this to me. For some reason they don't seem to think that's fair--they shouldn't lose when they were hollywooding on me to get me to put money in the pot...

--Zetack

otnemem
06-14-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP was being sarcastic. The reply, not so sure about...

jman220
06-14-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, any player worth anything will see right through this.

Edit: Responding to the responder here, not the OP.

SoftcoreRevolt
06-15-2005, 12:27 AM
I prefer doing this to get people on TILT.

#2208742856: greenside102 wins $12.75 from the main pot with a pair of nines.
Voide: wtf.
greenside102: fives?
#2208747913: teemo2 wins $10.5
#2208751830: HelenHannah wins $23 from the main pot with a full house, Fours full of tens.
Voide: this is riduculous, what is everyone going to have the nuts every hand?
Voide: i mean who the XXXX plays 4/10?
#2208758109: ajf505 wins $4.5
HelenHannah: why not?
Voide: because it is one of the XXXXtiest poker hands ever
HelenHannah: it is?
HelenHannah: its my lucky hand
Voide: 4/10 offsuit is your lucky hand?
greenside102: dude you got some issues man
HelenHannah: yeah
HelenHannah: plus a 10 is a pretty high card
#2208761948: corsair69 wins $14.25
Voide: wow, you must be a terrible poker player then.
#2208767582: ajf505 wins $3.5
HelenHannah: why do you sya that?
HelenHannah: its all luck anywya
Voide: hahaha wow, if you think it is all luck you are definetely horrible.

He proceeded to call me down quite a bit afterwards.

TStoneMBD
06-15-2005, 12:44 AM
i might try this especially against people who are capable of making ridiculous bluffraise type plays. i think they are more sensitive to this type slowroll and will probably try to outplay you every pot. it could backfire though as others may start playing slow themselves costing you several hands per hundred which can become very costly.

chesspain
06-15-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time you have a very solid hand and get check/raised on the river by some outspoken ass who's sucked out on you the last 4 hands, instead of re-reraising right away, wait until your clock is down to 3 or so seconds and then pop it.

This works better if you throw in some pauses on prior hands where you fold, and it also helps to ramble in an incoherent manner while your clock is ticking down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than slow down the game for everyone with your idiot antics, maybe you should just learn how to play poker.

Joe826
06-15-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Rather than slow down the game for everyone with your idiot antics, maybe you should just learn how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i have your party name?

tworooks
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
back in the day when i played freerolls, if i'd get AA or KK i would just type in the box "geez, this sites freerolls suck..screw this" then go all in. i thought it was fun

James282
06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can i have your party name?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this hollywooding routine is somehow remarkable or novel, I'm pretty sure chesspain would take you to school. Don't ask for his party name.
-James

Piiop
06-15-2005, 04:05 PM
10k HEADSUP MATCH!!! LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Joe826
06-15-2005, 05:28 PM
i'm just rather unimpressed with his ability to take a joke. give me a break.

edit: inability, even /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i don't want to piss anyone off, nor do i actually do this. it was a joke. if you or chess don't find it funny, that's fine, i don't care. no need to be a complete a[/i]sshole though.

Popinjay
06-15-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How to put someone on TILT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adobe Photoshop.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Epn25/thematador.gif

(picture courtesy of Nagoo81)

Joe826
06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
lol nh

diebitter
06-16-2005, 06:01 AM
The first thought that pops into my head when I see this is 'big hand'. And it almost always is.

But if the fish don't know that, good for you!