PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Play and getting in the money....

smcannon
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Here are my 10+1 stats. I bust a whole bunch on the bubble. More than I ever care to see. What's a great remedy for that?

Wins- 105
Loses- 196
Total Games- 301

First Place- 23- 8%
Second Place- 40- 13%
Third Place- 42- 14%
Fourth Place- 51- 17%

Sabrazack
06-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow, those are some wierd finishing percentages. You are doing something wrong around the bubble alright. Are you not beeing agressive enough? That could explain the low first place percentage.

Freudian
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Probably entering ITM with a small stack and having an incorrect pushing/calling range. It is impossible to say if it is too tight or too loose. Both could result in a very low number of 1sts.

Small sample size too.

lastchance
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
You're either pushing too much or not enough.

Or you're running to monster cards time after time.

smcannon
06-14-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably entering ITM with a small stack and having an incorrect pushing/calling range. It is impossible to say if it is too tight or too loose. Both could result in a very low number of 1sts.

Small sample size too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a correct push/call range?

DasLeben
06-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Post a good tourney summary as soon as you can. That could be telling of your technique.

multifast1
06-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Lemme guess, you're consistantly at 600-700 in chips when it gets to final 4? According to your stats you make final four 166 out of 196 events. That to me says you're not maximizing the few opportinuties you do get during early rounds to make chips. It's one thing to play tight early.. it's another to only win the blinds each and everytime you get KK or AA. Maybe you just need to work on flop play instead of push/fold early on.

Freudian
06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Small sample size too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a correct push/call range?

[/ QUOTE ]

The minimum is of course that you should win at least one set of blinds each orbit. In reality you want to win more.

As for calling range, that depends mostly on what your opponents are doing. Are they pushing every opportunity? If they are you have to take a stand sooner rather than later. And then that K6s definately have to do. If they are raising very seldom that A9o isn't looking all that hot.

Describe how a normal ITM situation looks for you. Are you often coming into the later stages with the small stack? Do you feel you get blinded away without getting a hand you really like?