PDA

View Full Version : Who makes this overcall?

hobbsmann
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
By the turn I felt like I had to be crushed by the second K, but the pot so just too damn big not to show down. Does anybody fold this on the turn? river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: FatChicksKT is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">FatChicksKT caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">FatChicksKT raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, FatChicksKT calls.

River: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, , FatChicksKT....call?

thanks

jay1313
06-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Everytime

private joker
I'd raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. If called, I'd either take a free showdown or bet, depending on reads and who drops the turn.

Since you failed to raise the turn, I'd overcall here closing the action.

Moneyline
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody fold this on the turn? river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I definitely wouldn't fold the river. I could see a case for folding if you knew the turn bettor very well, but that's the only exception I can think of to calling down...

There's also the possibility the king helped you if one of your opponents flopped bottom two.

jba
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah i think you're toast

17:1 to close the action I'm calling.

there's no way I could fold the turn at this point in my career.

jba
06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's also the possibility the king helped you if one of your opponents flopped bottom two.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite unlikely given PF action

hobbsmann
06-14-2005, 05:52 PM
so I'm thinking a lot more about hand ranges these days and given the line of BB I think the only reasonable hand in this case is AK. Lets say a average 2/4 player cold calls three in the BB with TT-AA and AK. Of those hands KK, AA and AK would probably lead the flop as BB does and then since he slows down to raise from me KK can be tossed out of his range. By the turn I'm feeling we are down to BB having AK or AA (with AA being pretty unlikely considering I hold two of them) which leaves him with AK. Even given that the pot is huge (17 BB) I almost feel like I don't win this the ~6% of the time to justify a call.

Moneyline
06-14-2005, 05:58 PM
I admit it's not a great possibility, but players who tend to call caps cold from the blinds tend not to have great hand selection skills. Given the size of the pot, the slim possibility of someone holding bottome two makes calling on the later streets more attractive (not that I'd likely be folding anyway).

...Just my opinion.

jba
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I admit it's not a great possibility, but players who tend to call caps cold from the blinds tend not to have great hand selection skills. Given the size of the pot, the slim possibility of someone holding bottome two makes calling on the later streets more attractive (not that I'd likely be folding anyway).

...Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a good point