PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Labor Day STTF Heads-Up Championship of the Universe

Irieguy
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
OK, the tournament is on. Labor Day weekend was the most popular date among the responders, so that is probably when it will happen.

I will email/PM details to all who have responded to me within the next few days.

I will cap the field at exactly 16, and will take the first 16 players that send me their entry fee. Info on entry fee and seeding will be sent out shortly.

I will post the first round matches well in advance to allow adequate time for trash talking and side bets.

There is still a few spots open, so PM me if you want me to send you the details and you haven't already let me know.

Irieguy

skipperbob
06-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Did you get the toke I sent to make sure that I face Raptor in rounds #1 & #3 and Beef in #2 & #4 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

skipperbob
06-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Do we cancel if Yugo is still MIA ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

johnnybeef
06-14-2005, 08:15 PM
im looking at flights currently for that weekend. what is the consensus on people coming and going as far as dates go?

skipperbob
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Sorry, but I have to turn your post over to "F/B" and you know that metal-clad nitwit is gonna torture u /images/graemlins/frown.gif

DonButtons
06-14-2005, 08:24 PM
raptor is playing HU sngs on poker stars to practice already, since he doesnt get heads up in 109s that much, lol...

Irieguy
06-14-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im looking at flights currently for that weekend. what is the consensus on people coming and going as far as dates go?

[/ QUOTE ]

September 3rd will be the first rounds and September 4th will be the semis and finals. Plan on leaving town on the 5th if possible.

Irieguy

johnnybeef
06-14-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

September 3rd will be the first rounds and September 4th will be the semis and finals. Plan on leaving town on the 5th if possible.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

fly out on labor day?? surely you jest.

Irieguy
06-14-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I volunteered to organize the tournament, not to be the mother or travel agent for those interested. Plan on being in Vegas on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend and you'll be fine.

Irieguy

johnnybeef
06-14-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I volunteered to organize the tournament, not to be the mother or travel agent for those interested. Plan on being in Vegas on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend and you'll be fine.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

if you ever talk to beefcake like that again, i will get my boy forumbot to push/fold/moeron all over your irieass. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

stupidsucker
06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
If anyone is looking for a possible carpool from the bay area PM me. Room for 3 others comfortably if I drive. Round trip will cost about $150 for the whole car. I am willing to drive as fast as you want if all passengers agree to pay the ticket.

zipppy
06-14-2005, 09:34 PM
yeah I'm in if anyone wants to carpool from MN /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Irieguy
06-15-2005, 01:41 AM
I have some serious breaking news.

My beautiful assistant Brynn has volunteered to serve as a scantily-clad cocktail waitress for the HU tourney.

Now I have to charge a house fee... but it will be worth it.

Irieguy

Slim Pickens
06-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Why am I for an instant tempted to ditch my sister's wedding for this? Stop that!

Scuba Chuck
06-15-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have some serious breaking news.

My beautiful assistant Brynn has volunteered to serve as a scantily-clad cocktail waitress for the HU tourney.

Now I have to charge a house fee... but it will be worth it.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is useless without pictures.

skipperbob
06-15-2005, 07:31 AM
What's Brynn's Mother doing that w/e? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

skipperbob
06-15-2005, 07:54 AM
No word from the "Tucson-Twins" about at least a guest appearance? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SuitedSixes
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
That is the beginning of the season for the younger of the Tucson Twins so I am going to have to be a no-show.

Irieguy
06-15-2005, 02:33 PM
14 players have told me they will come so far, with another 4-6 "maybes."

So, we're looking good at filling up at 16. I will have finalized venue and lodging info by Monday.

Irieguy