PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody verify the daytime/nighttime/weekend phenomenom?

vinyard
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
This entire post will presume US time. Its long been accepted as self-evident here that, particularly on Party, SnGs can be beat at a higher ROI outside of the 9-5 hours, especially late night and weekends. I was wondering if anybody with a moderately significant sample size (500 at each workday and non workday hours) or a much larger sample size (2000 each) at a specific SnG level can verify this through either a post or PM (I will keep names anonymous if need be). I realize people tend to move up faster than this as BR permits but I was wondering if it could be verified - I know SnGTracker breaks out by time and I have heard the spreadsheet and/or PT do the same. I am rather curious to see if there is a significant ROI difference that *can* be verified whether its over many posters collectively or just individual posters. And, while I am willing to see all results I am most curious about 22s-55s.

TIA,
vinyard

codewarrior
06-14-2005, 06:09 PM

Slim Pickens
06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
The spreadsheet does splits but there's overlap. Example: tournament played on Saturday afternoon is broken down as both a Saturday tounamnet and an Afternoon tournament. There is no Saturday Afternoon category. I can rig a template sheet for whatever breakdown people want to do though if there's enough interest in compiling this data.

Exactly how would you like the bins broken down? Something like this?

1) Weekdays between 9am and 5pm Eastern.
2) Weekdays 5pm to 12am
3) Weekdays 12am to 9am
4-6) Weekends same way

dhende3
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I win more from 12-5 PM than I do at night on the 22s. Less maniacs but I find the players during these times to be VERY weak-tight even at level 4+. Just ramp up the aggression during the day.

vinyard
06-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the response. I thought there would be more interest to be honest.

As for you bins that is what I was thinking although I might group Friday 5PM to Monday 9AM as one group. Actually now that I think of it I w ould probably cut the morning off at 4 or 5AM EST.

And if the splits are probelmatic with the weekends I would like to see the difference between just weekday business, weekday "post-work" and weekday "post-bedtime."

Sadly, I don't think there is a lot of interest in this.

Slim Pickens
06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
The splits can be re-done any way you'd like. If it turns out you find enough interest in compiling this to make it worthwhile, I'd be willing to do the sheet just to see the results as an academic study.

Slim

curtains
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Im very curious about this as well. Sometimes I end up playing all my sets from like noon - 6pm, and I wonder if I'm giving much up and exactly how much.

joeblo
06-16-2005, 08:39 AM
I would like to know also. I am just starting to play SNG more regularly and would like to know when the best times to play would be.

HesseJam
06-16-2005, 08:43 AM
chalk me up for wanting to know too

Degen
06-16-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chalk me up for wanting to know too

[/ QUOTE ]