C. say [censored] it and spell it however you want

pshreck
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

A. look it up

[/ QUOTE ]

chaas4747
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Open word, type it how you think it should be typed. Spell check. Cut and paste into post.

Jersey Nick
06-14-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you are typing and cant remember how to spell a word do you:

A. look it up
B. think of another way to say the same thing without using the difficult word

[/ QUOTE ]

c-a-n-apostrophe-t

I let spell-check do it.

The Truth
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you are typing and cant remember how to spell a word do you:

A. look it up
B. think of another way to say the same thing without using the difficult word

[/ QUOTE ]

c-a-n-apostrophe-t

I let spell-check do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for you're time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Arnfinn Madsen
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Finishing University, starting to work, I was very clever at spelling. Then, working in international business, and finding spelling ability (not rhetoric ability) adversly correlated to success (my impression is 60% of + $300K-earners suck at spelling) I have started to give a [censored] about it. A few errors makes your message seem more personal, more honest and less cut & pasty; thus higher chance of hitting your target.

kyro
06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't remember the last time I needed to type a word that I didn't know how to spell.

istewart
06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
D. Start menu - Shut Down - Read a [censored] book for once.

Jersey Nick
06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for you're time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - well played.

The Truth
06-14-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
D. Start menu - Shut Down - Read a [censored] book for once.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've never once considered using a word you were even slightly unsure about spelling? Perhaps you should work on your overall vocabulary? Perhaps not

istewart
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
No. I am brilliant.

RacersEdge
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
If the meaning is clear, C.

Skipbidder
06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember the last time I needed to type a word that I didn't know how to spell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've written "alot" in at least one prior post. This indicates that you have the need for a dictionary even if you don't realize it.

GuyOnTilt
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
http://img149.echo.cx/img149/1255/dictionary2gf.jpg

GoT

-Skeme-
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Google it.

kyro
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've written "alot" in at least one prior post. This indicates that you have the need for a dictionary even if you don't realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. My usage of "alot" is a grammar/word choice issue, not a spelling one. I may need a thesaurus, but certainly not a dictionary.

Although, I find it awfully eerie that you know this about me. Either you're stalking me or you went back and looked at a lot of my posts to try and prove me wrong.

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 11:22 PM
E. bust out microsoft word

jayboo
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Think of anothe...
a differen...
a word that means the same
Jay

illunious
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

Cubswin
06-14-2005, 11:50 PM
www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

Skipbidder
06-15-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. My usage of "alot" is a grammar/word choice issue, not a spelling one. I may need a thesaurus, but certainly not a dictionary.

Although, I find it awfully eerie that you know this about me. Either you're stalking me or you went back and looked at a lot of my posts to try and prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an absolutely incorrect usage. It isn't a proper word as you've written it. It's not a "word choice issue", because it isn't a word. Find it in a standard dictionary, and I'll happily apologize to you.

I'm not stalking you. It was serendipity. It was a post that I had just read. This particular error bothers me, and I notice when people commit it. I wouldn't have remembered a more common error such as misuse of your/you're or misspelling definitely or ridiculous. (They happen far too frequently here.)

imported_CaseClosed326
06-15-2005, 01:29 AM
B. and I am very lazy.

Bulldog
06-15-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

<snip> a lot </snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome

Blarg
06-15-2005, 08:40 AM
It happens very rarely, but when it does, I look it up. I don't like not knowing.

kyro
06-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Yes, but i spelled "a lot" correctly. Whether or not it is an actual word is besides the point. (BTW, I know it's not, but my writing sucks, and using "a lot" is a lot easier.) I'm not sure what the problem is with my spelling.

Sheepscot
06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but i spelled "a lot" correctly. Whether or not it is an actual word is besides the point. (BTW, I know it's not, but my writing sucks, and using "a lot" is a lot easier.) I'm not sure what the problem is with my spelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's two words, not one..."a lot" vs "alot" /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

kyro
06-15-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's two words, not one..."a lot" vs "alot" /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SHOVE IT

maryfield48
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's an absolutely incorrect usage. It isn't a proper word as you've written it. It's not a "word choice issue", because it isn't a word. Find it in a standard dictionary, and I'll happily apologize to you.

I'm not stalking you. It was serendipity. It was a post that I had just read. This particular error bothers me, and I notice when people commit it. I wouldn't have remembered a more common error such as misuse of your/you're or misspelling definitely or ridiculous. (They happen far too frequently here.)

[/ QUOTE ]

- says Walter Nitty

Skipbidder
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- says Walter Nitty

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a fair cop. Society's to blame.