PDA

View Full Version : completely botched the river?

djoyce003
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Alright...i'm hating myself for how I played this hand...I think my preflop is ok, flop is ok, and turn is ok, I went for the river checkraise, was that just greedy...should I have just led the river? Is this results oriented thinking...comments please.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 18 BB.

Lost Wages
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I would checkraise the flop while I have everyone trapped. You can't be sure what's going to happen on the turn. The BB could check since everyone called his flop bet, or a diamond could fall leaving you wondering if you even have the best hand. Given the action, I think a river CR attempt is fine.

Lost Wages

Grisgra
06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
I don't have a problem with the flop/turn, but I love slowplaying sets against aggressive players (which these seemed to be). But betting out on the turn hoping to get raised so you can 3-bet is probably a viable alternative, and many will argue (perhaps correctly) a better alternative.

On the river I think I bet out and hope that CO raises me with his 55 or 22 . . . going for a checkraise isn't as appealing to me bcs the BB doesn't get trapped for a bet that way. I'd rather look for a chance to 3-bet (or call a CO raise and go for an overcall if I think that CO is as likely to have AA here with a river raise as he is 55/22.).

I'm guessing BB hand random crap and CO had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or somesuch?

djoyce003
06-14-2005, 05:40 PM
laugh even worse. BB had AQ and CO had A5. I couldn't have played the river worse than I did. Still kicking myself.

mungpo
06-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Check-raising the flop is a good idea.