PDA

View Full Version : Bubble question

marklipp
06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Four left, Hero is short stack BB with t3900 Blinds 200/400

Dealt 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif . UTG folds, button raises t1100 (of about t11000). SB folds. Read: blind steal with overs. Hero re-raises to t1900, figuring that higher PPs would push. Villan calls.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero pushes. Villan shows KJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif and hits the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the turn. Add the groin kick J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the river.

On the bubble is this a push or fold PF? I didn't push because I wanted to be able to escape if the flop looked ugly. I would have about 2000 chips, still short, but not dead. Is this incredibly flawed thinking?

I'm thinking yes, especially the min-raise.

Runner Runner
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
You have less then 10 BB's. You cannot re-raise without pushing in this spot. If you wanted to see the flop so you could escape if it looked bad, then call with position. I personally prefer a push though.

schwza
06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
it'd be good to know everybody's stack sizes. also, is 3900 before or after posting? i would probably push pre-flop. i would definitely not min-raise, especially if you intended to fold to a push. if you fold to AK/AQ there, it's a bad bad mistake.