PDA

View Full Version : Strange eating thing

Ulysses
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I have not had any fried food or any greasy crappy food for a week now. All of a sudden now, at lunch, the idea of having french fries or something like that does not seem appealing at all. At the grocery store, I had no desire to buy any chips or anything like that. This same thing happened to me a long while back when I stopped drinking soda. I still like a Coke from time to time, but I usually can't finish a whole can, it's too sweet.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
PHONY! PHONY! HE'S A BIG FAT PHONY! HEY, EVERYBODY! THIS GUY'S A BIG FAT PHONY!

mistrpug
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This same thing happened to me a long while back when I stopped drinking soda. I still like a Coke from time to time, but I usually can't finish a whole can, it's too sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me when I gave up soda too.

Ulysses
06-14-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's weird, man. I love chips and fries so much. Yet, right now, the idea of eating those things is not appealing at all. This is very weird to me.

M2d
06-14-2005, 04:31 PM
that's what happens when you live in china basin (I'm guessing). you become like "them". you probably wear birkenstocks everywhere as well, huh? put your mask back on and be a man. eat greasy food, drink a few cokes and a few pbr's. you'll be back to normal in no time.

M2d
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm looking at my lunch on my desk right now. double-double with grilled onions, fries well done and a coke. good stuff.

kipin
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have not had any fried food or any greasy crappy food for a week now. All of a sudden now, at lunch, the idea of having french fries or something like that does not seem appealing at all. At the grocery store, I had no desire to buy any chips or anything like that. This same thing happened to me a long while back when I stopped drinking soda. I still like a Coke from time to time, but I usually can't finish a whole can, it's too sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser has a book for you to read.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's weird, man. I love chips and fries so much. Yet, right now, the idea of eating those things is not appealing at all. This is very weird to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. this reference popped into my head earlier and I've been giggling hysterically while typing it. Anyway, yea I go through phases like that too. I'm not a big carb eater at all really with the exception of rice.

The Truth
06-14-2005, 04:37 PM
freak

Jersey Nick
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I cut out the sugar, booze, fatty stuff & white bread type of carbs while I was trying to drop some weight. It was 2 months before I got any type of sugar or booze craving. Lost 30 pounds.

Then you had to bring up Chicago Pizza and drinking. Curse you, El Diablo.

Ulysses
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F that, man. I still am all for a nice, juicy steak.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F that, man. I still am all for a nice, juicy steak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Steve has a book for you too.

belloc
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This same thing happened to me a long while back when I stopped drinking soda. I still like a Coke from time to time, but I usually can't finish a whole can, it's too sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is for real. A friend of mine who was teaching me about how to taste wine told me that one of the first things you need to do is give up soda because it dulls the ablility to taste the subtle distinctions that wine offers. I quit drinking soda every day at lunch for awhile just to give it a try, and now it's repulsive to me; way too sweet.

I still can't taste wine with any degree of distinction (though I love a good wine), but maybe that's just me.

RacersEdge
06-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Pretty common I think. You start eating better and you become sensitive to the grease/crap level of the stuff you were eating before - and it's a turn-off.

I've been eating better, and I was at Hooters the other day, and the grease factor of their food just jumped out at me.

Stuey
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
They are addicting, it is that simple. You stopped and are no longer addicted. Don't start again and you will be fine. Quit caffeine next.

One weird thing that I have found is that life seems very boring when I quit all these things. It is a very easy life and I feel great. But so boring it is hard to do it for long.

At some point you will need to dumb yourself up with something to tolerate living amongst us. Just pick something that won't kill you to fast.

theghost
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
The food at Hooter's sucks bigtime.

Not a huge fan of those tights either.

Ulysses
06-14-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At some point you will need to dumb yourself up with something to tolerate living amongst us. Just pick something that won't kill you to fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of drinking.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill yourself now.

M2d
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. they should go without.

Stuey
06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. That is the best dumber upper there is!

Just avoid interacting with the general public to often or you will have to drink so often it will be a major problem. Or you will just permadumb yourself up with it and no longer know the difference. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wintermute
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Christ diablo, I enjoy most of your posts but what is going on here. First you start talking about budgeting alcohol and now you decide you don't like fried food? Get a fking grip, man. STAY STRAIGHT!

IndieMatty
06-14-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Christ diablo, I enjoy most of your posts but what is going on here. First you start talking about budgeting alcohol and now you decide you don't like fried food? Get a fking grip, man. STAY STRAIGHT!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah agreed. this post sucks for these reasons. go to in and out tonight. get some beers and watch a ballgame. bang a chick.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's hanging out with all these models. They've given him an eating disorder.

wacki
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently started eating healthy and I had the same problem. However, Papa Johns (or hangover food) will always get you back into eating greasy foods.

Ulysses
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm.... Good point.

In my defense, I am still planning on drinking about 20 drinks per week. That's at least something, right? I mean, maybe I haven't completely lost it?

wacki
06-14-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.... Good point.

In my defense, I am still planning on drinking about 20 drinks per week. That's at least something, right? I mean, maybe I haven't completely lost it?

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo falling to peer pressure?

There is so much proof that greasy food is bad for you. There is also a ton of evidence showing that 2 drinks a day (14 a week) is very healthy for you. The maximum you can drink depends tremendously on genetics.

When it comes to diet. Don't let the fishes make fun of you. Eating well will not only make you live longer, but look better, feel better, and play better poker.

lawrence
06-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I stopped drinking sprite and soda a few weeks ago, and now where I used to pick up a sprite with a lunch automatically now I just go without, it's easy now.

Does anyone have on opinion on those Odwalla fruit juices? They have 300 calories and 25 grams of sugar, that can't be good for you. My friends keep saying "They're all fruit [true], they can't be bad for you". I disagree, but don't really know crap about nutrition.

M2d
06-14-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When it comes to diet. Don't let the fishes make fun of you. Eating well will not only make you live longer, but look better, feel better, and play better poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
can we get a moderator here? no poker content in oot!!

06-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the club, brother!

Bob Moss
06-14-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this happen at times in my life, too. I expect you'll get over it sooner than you think.

Bob

StevieG
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill yourself now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right about the first part, for sure. Mediocre food at best.

As for the second part, 25 years ago, sure, outlet to see T&A. Today? Any given bar is gonna have women showing cleavage and ass crack. Who the hell needs Hooters?

RacersEdge
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill yourself now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right about the first part, for sure. Mediocre food at best.

As for the second part, 25 years ago, sure, outlet to see T&A. Today? Any given bar is gonna have women showing cleavage and ass crack. Who the hell needs Hooters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bar is different from restaurant. Hooters is place to go for lunch. A lot of places like Chili's, Bennigans, etc. don't even have female waitresses. Hooters still has a couple things going for it....

theBruiser500
06-14-2005, 06:37 PM
soda is bad

OtisTheMarsupial
06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have on opinion on those Odwalla fruit juices? They have 300 calories and 25 grams of sugar, that can't be good for you. My friends keep saying "They're all fruit [true], they can't be bad for you". I disagree, but don't really know crap about nutrition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odwalla makes some good stuff, but...
1. Juices aren't really that good for you. Yeah, they're better than soda, but it's best to just eat the whole fruit. Too much sugar and not enough fiber.
2. They had a little problem with some deer sh*t and apple juice a while back, a few kids died,
3. Now they're owned by Coke I think, so it's not the cool, little hippy company it used to be.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eating well will not only make you live longer, but look better, feel better, and play better poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur

Lawrence Ng
06-15-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

D, can I ask why you decided all of a sudden to change your diet up? I know you mentioned that perhaps your cholesterol level was a tad bit too high, but are there any other reasons?

Lawrence

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

D, can I ask why you decided all of a sudden to change your diet up? I know you mentioned that perhaps your cholesterol level was a tad bit too high, but are there any other reasons?

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

My cholesterol is not high. In fact, last I checked, it was quite low. The cholesterol comment in one of my posts was just a joke because andyfox had asked about it.

I generally stay pretty healthy. When I eat like crap, I exercise a little more. But then I started travelling to NY for some work stuff and found myself not exercising much and also eating like crap and drinking insane amounts. Was starting to feel like crap a lot. So, I decided to ratchet down my drinking and get myself back in shape. I'm also eating out 100% of my meals in NYC, which is pretty hard to do in a healthy fashion, so I figured I should focus a little bit on that too.

raisethatmofo
06-15-2005, 07:13 AM

Prevaricator
06-15-2005, 07:45 AM
my physician actually told me that if stopped consuming so much sodium, there would be some sort of withdrawal period after which he said food would taste better without it.

Maybe the same thing applies to fat/sugar?

Blarg
06-15-2005, 07:52 AM
That happens with sugar and salt and carbohydrates and fatty foods. They create their own craving for more, like heroin. If you stay away from them for a while, the craving drops off drastically, sometimes almost completely.

People who never try staying away from crap for a while don't believe it, but it's true. It's hard to do without your favorites at first, but the level of misery doesn't stay even...it drops off pretty steeply, and sometimes disappears. Not just as a matter of willpower or anything fancy or "iffy" like that. Just naturally.

As I recall, one theory is that eating a lot of high glycemic index foods (sugary stuff, carbs) causes hyperinsulinemia, a decreased sensitivity to insulin that keeps your body pumping more insulin out. This does things like mess up your sugar cycle and protein metabolism, but it also causes a craving for more sugar. Supplying it bombards your system with more sugars, causing decreased insulin sensitivity, which provokes the pumping out of more insulin, keeping a vicious cycle going.

Contrarily, proper diet and eating less sugar in the first place can stabilize or prevent hyperinsulinemia, creating greater or simply normal insulin sensitivity, which depresses blood sugar level less and reduces the craving for sugar and carbohydrates.

People sometimes don't know there are feedback loops in the body, but they actually can work for you just like they can work against you. Once you stop priming the pump with foods that make you want to eat more of that type of food, you'll probably get some temporary cravings ... and then they'll go away and it won't be all that hard to stay away from that food, and after a while you may wonder why the hell you ever used to eat it at all, much less so much of it.

Blarg
06-15-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is for real. A friend of mine who was teaching me about how to taste wine told me that one of the first things you need to do is give up soda because it dulls the ablility to taste the subtle distinctions that wine offers. I quit drinking soda every day at lunch for awhile just to give it a try, and now it's repulsive to me; way too sweet.

I still can't taste wine with any degree of distinction (though I love a good wine), but maybe that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very true. You lose the ability to notice gradations in sweetness and saltiness when you eat a lot of sugar or salt.

Blarg
06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I stopped drinking sprite and soda a few weeks ago, and now where I used to pick up a sprite with a lunch automatically now I just go without, it's easy now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fruit releases its sugars into your bloodstream much more slowly than fruit juice does. Fruit juice makes sugar very quickly available, leading to a quick spike in insulin levels the same way that sugar cubes would.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone had a Big Mac lately ? I used to like these but lately I've come to the realization that these are the most disgusting sandwiches ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you've seen the light. I have no idea how McD's stays in business. If you're going to eat bugers, why not a good burder?

sfer
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's what happens when you live in china basin (I'm guessing). you become like "them". you probably wear birkenstocks everywhere as well, huh? put your mask back on and be a man. eat greasy food, drink a few cokes and a few pbr's. you'll be back to normal in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people still call it China Basin?

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Because it's different. Sometimes a brother feels like a bigmac.

Same with Dominos and real nyc/chicago pizza.

Or subway and a good deli hero.

Its a different entity.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you also sometimes feel like a sh[/i]it sandwich? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Big Mac's are good. It's like people who refust to drink macro-brews. Sometimes, an ice cold budweiser is absolutely necesary.

lawrence
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fruit releases its sugars into your bloodstream much more slowly than fruit juice does. Fruit juice makes sugar very quickly available, leading to a quick spike in insulin levels the same way that sugar cubes would.

[/ QUOTE ]

So fruit > fruit juice? I think I'm generally going to stop drinking these.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, Big Mac's are good. It's like people who refust to drink macro-brews. Sometimes, an ice cold budweiser is absolutely necesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really the same thing at all.

Bluffoon
06-15-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have aged I have naturally gravitated towards a healthier diet. I don't think it matters what you eat or drink so much when you are younger but when you get a little older your body can't tolerate as much abuse as it used to and you are well served to take care of yourself a little better.

I found that as I cut out unhealthy food I felt better and had more energy and that if I ate something unhealthy and that I would not feel so good. That motivated me to make more conscious changes in my diet. I am far from a diet nazi but I try to make a healthy choice if there isn't too much of an enjoyment sacrifice.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Budweiser is still a carbonated alcoholic beverage (we can argue whether it's beer or not). A BigMac is not food.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 10:44 AM
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Budweiser is still a carbonated alcoholic beverage (we can argue whether it's beer or not). A BigMac is not food.

[/ QUOTE ]

mildly amusing, still doesn't change that you are wrong.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You view Big Macs the way I view Taco Bell. It can be eaten and even enjoyed. Just don't pretend it's actually Mexican food.

Blarg
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Yes. Fruit juice is still extremely good for you in terms of the things it has beside the blast of sugars into your bloodstream, but you're paying a high price to get those bioflavonoids, vitamins, and enzymes.

It's great in moderation, but not nearly as good as fruit itself, because fruit releases its sugars slower when eaten than in juice form. And the typical Western diet is also very low in fiber, that the added fiber of fruit is a huge win over just drinking the juice. It can even be a little filling, which is a help in hunger control.

Blarg
06-15-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Budweisers are for getting drunk, not for drinking.

Blarg
06-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Kind of like how a Twinkie isn't really a pastry. It looks like one, and looking like one may be its primary purpose, but it doesn't really taste like one. It seems to be some sort of organic extruded-filling-holding device. I'm assuming the filling would be organic too, and possibly edible.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You view Big Macs the way I view Taco Bell. It can be eaten and even enjoyed. Just don't pretend it's actually Mexican food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love taco bell. Want to hear blasphemy? There's only 1 or 2 in manhattan. The the third was across the street from my apt and closed down. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Blarg
06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
How come? Did you fart so much the neighbors complained?

ChicagoTroy
06-15-2005, 12:26 PM
This is normal as your insulin levels have leveled out. Given more time, your energy levels will go up, body fat will go down, and your mental clarity will be more consistent. Here's the smartest thing I've read re: diet:

"Step one: buy every diet book from every source.

Step two: throw them away.

Step three: eat 5 meals a day of a wide variety of whole, fresh, real foods at about 400 calories per day more than your maintenance level for mass gain or about 400 calories less for adipose loss. Make sure you get plenty of animal source protein and fresh veggies and the rest will take care of itself as long as you follow the whole, fresh rule with minimal cooking.

Step four: one gallon of pure water per day.

Step five: repeat steps one and two for all supplements from every source.

Step six: repeat steps one and two every time a new diet book comes out.

If you want to get fancy, you can plan your meals with an eye toward predicted activity over the 3-4 hours afterwards (carb up prior to hard workouts, lower carbs before bed, etc.), but it's not nescessary.

Diet is a simple subject. Attmepts to overintellecualize it always lead to money coming out of your pocket."

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How come? Did you fart so much the neighbors complained?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is normal as your insulin levels have leveled out. Given more time, your energy levels will go up, body fat will go down, and your mental clarity will be more consistent. Here's the smartest thing I've read re: diet:

"Step one: buy every diet book from every source.

Step two: throw them away.

Step three: eat 5 meals a day of a wide variety of whole, fresh, real foods at about 400 calories per day more than your maintenance level for mass gain or about 400 calories less for adipose loss. Make sure you get plenty of animal source protein and fresh veggies and the rest will take care of itself as long as you follow the whole, fresh rule with minimal cooking.

Step four-a: pee every 2.4 minutes.

Step five: repeat steps one and two for all supplements from every source.

Step six: repeat steps one and two every time a new diet book comes out.

If you want to get fancy, you can plan your meals with an eye toward predicted activity over the 3-4 hours afterwards (carb up prior to hard workouts, lower carbs before bed, etc.), but it's not nescessary.

Diet is a simple subject. Attmepts to overintellecualize it always lead to money coming out of your pocket."

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love taco bell. Want to hear blasphemy? There's only 1 or 2 in manhattan. The the third was across the street from my apt and closed down. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this pissed me off so much when I was up there last summer. We wanted to get some Cheesy Gordita Crunches, but couldn't find a Taco Bell anywhere. [censored] it, we'll go to McDonalds. Stupid bitch behind the counter keeps messing up our order, I start getting pissed, we end up getting kicked out with our incorrect order now "to go."

I did end up getting a coupon for a free small fry though, because she didn't smile when she took our order. One free small fry/hash browns at any McDonald's south of 100 street Manhattan. No McD in Atlanta took it before it expired.

ChicagoTroy
06-15-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Step four-a: pee every 2.4 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The author of that weighed around 260, so you could probably scale it down a little, but not much. Spread out throughout the day, and brought up gradually to .75 - 1 gal., it's NBD. Try to drink it between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., you'll have a problem. Most people are dehydrated most of the time, this fixes it.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this pissed me off so much when I was up there last summer. We wanted to get some Cheesy Gordita Crunches, but couldn't find a Taco Bell anywhere. [censored] it, we'll go to McDonalds. Stupid bitch behind the counter keeps messing up our order, I start getting pissed, we end up getting kicked out with our incorrect order now "to go."

I did end up getting a coupon for a free small fry though, because she didn't smile when she took our order. One free small fry/hash browns at any McDonald's south of 100 street Manhattan. No McD in Atlanta took it before it expired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you on the west side? that's where I live and where the taco bell website still incorrectly lists there being a a location. That mcdonalds across the street is actually pretty good, they deliver in like 10 minutes.

Oh and FYI. You might as well be asking for Filet Mignon asking for a Cheesy Gordita Crunch in Manhattan. They have no idea what that is.

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
That mcdonalds across the street is actually pretty good, they deliver in like 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This absolutely kills me.

Oh and FYI. You might as well be asking for Filet Mignon asking for a Cheesy Gordita Crunch in Manhattan. They have no idea what that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. What are they called? Do they just not exist?

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That mcdonalds across the street is actually pretty good, they deliver in like 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This absolutely kills me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not a constant menu item. In Long Island they were. But when I had the t-bell across from me, they were only a special.

sfer
06-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Sounds like Diablo is in love.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 12:51 PM
In case you are in the city during restaurant week.

$35 dinner (http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=69&amp;amp;m=8&amp;ref=411)

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of these either. What is it? I usually go with the grilled stufft burrito.

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 01:05 PM
It's really good. In fact, I'm going to Taco Bell right now.

I'll explain more when I get back.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of these either. What is it? I usually go with the grilled stufft burrito.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake, it might be the best fast food item going. Its a gordita with nacho cheese with a hard shell inside inserted inside so that the cheese holds it together. then it's basically a taco supreme with more cheese and that zesty creamy sauce they put in the grilled stuft.

It's easily the best thing they sell. It's just not a regular menu item everywhere.

Nottom
06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Same thing happened to me when I stopped eating fast food.

I used to eat it pretty regularly, but I have pretty much no desire to get a hamburger (or anything else, except breakfast oddly enough) from BK, McD, Wendy's, etc anymore.

Note: I am about as far from a healthy eater as you can get, so its not that I stopped eating it becasue its bad for me.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Which one is the gordita? There are two items that are the same except one is soft and one is just a little crisper. I don't remember which is the gordita.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which one is the gordita? There are two items that are the same except one is soft and one is just a little crisper. I don't remember which is the gordita.

[/ QUOTE ]

the softer ones. chalupas blow.

I just found out there's a taco bell close to chambers st. I'm gonna verify this now. [censored] the diet.

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, thanks!

PS, there's a Taco Bell right by the office downtown (In NYC I work right next to the WTC site).

DMBFan23
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I tried quitting soda once. it didn't work.

I'll pretty much never quit fast food unless a doctor tells me to. I hope that never happens, [censored] wendy's is goooooood

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, thanks!

PS, there's a Taco Bell right by the office downtown (In NYC I work right next to the WTC site).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It's hidden though. Sadly I work on Wall St. for 5 years and I couldn't find it. I settled for the tendercrisp.

That restaurant thing is a great deal. Last year's girlfriend dragged me to a new one each night, Mesa Grill = goot!

Blarg
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
LOL, it'll happen, Superman.

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It's hidden though. Sadly I work on Wall St. for 5 years and I couldn't find it. I settled for the tendercrisp.

That restaurant thing is a great deal. Last year's girlfriend dragged me to a new one each night, Mesa Grill = goot!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Mesa Grill OK, but I am not a huge fan of SW food. Restaurant Week is great, though. We have that here in SF as well.

You still work on Wall Street? If so, we should have a pint sometime at Pound and Pence or Ulysses.

IndieMatty
06-15-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Mesa Grill OK, but I am not a huge fan of SW food. Restaurant Week is great, though. We have that here in SF as well.

You still work on Wall Street? If so, we should have a pint sometime at Pound and Pence or Ulysses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing. I'm drinking in my office right now.

Malachii
06-16-2005, 01:39 AM
And yet it tastes so good!