PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved AK

vapaanimi
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
First I have to note that I may have been reading too many posts by Nate from the archives which has caused me to call too too much because I'm always putting opponents on draws. However, those posts have improved my ability to recognize straight draws and analyze the probable combinations of oppenets hands and I'm sure this will have a positive effect soon.

Villain is 52/10/2,6.

SB raised all in before the flop but the converter for some reason fails to identify it. The raise was 0.5$ more to my raise. He could have any two.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.70 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.35 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.35 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.35 BB

I think there was one big mistake. Comments?

Entity
06-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I can't see myself calling this turn and folding the river. Depending on villain I'd either call turn and river or fold the turn.

Rob

vapaanimi
06-14-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see myself calling this turn and folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you note the SB was all in?

whodaman
06-14-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see myself calling this turn and folding the river. Depending on villain I'd either call turn and river or fold the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good to me...

Entity
06-14-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see myself calling this turn and folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you note the SB was all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I still don't get the turn call, unless you thought your hand was best. You're getting 6.35:1 on what is a 6-outer at best. If you thought your hand was good enough to call the turn, the 8 doesn't change that much.

I'd probably fold the turn.

Rob