PDA

View Full Version : preflop, call for 2 bets?

Borno
06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
when should I be calling 1 bet but folding for the second preflop in .5/1 and 1/2 party games?

say they are avg. loose games that have a variety of passive and aggressive players.

is AJo or 67s examples?

thanks!

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Basically never.

davelin
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Once you enter a pot (whether limping or raising), it's pretty much 100% wrong to fold for one more bet back.

JerseyTom
06-14-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically never.

[/ QUOTE ]

jopke81
06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
i will typically only cold call with small pairs, or Axs, and only then when there are at least like 5 people in and i'm in late position. Other than that, it's either good enough to reraise or not good enough to play.

jay1313
06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Hard to tell from your examples what you mean, different players have different styles. I agree with the previous poster that once you limp you should call one bet back. Both of those hands are bail outs for me if it comes around again and I have to call two to stay in.

As far as the hands themselves are concerned 67s is not a very good hand to limp in with in EP or MP. Also depending on who is in the pot already, and if there are not enough of them, I may chuck it in late position as well but that is a matter of style.

AJo is a very tricky hand. Not a bad raising hand against 2-3 limpers in late position. Different people will have a wide variety of opinions on that particular hand from always raising whenever, to calling, to fold, turbo fold, turbo fold after lighting the cards on fire etc. Currently it is a slight negative hand for me after about 40K total hands (not sure how many times I have had it) so I am still struggling with it.