PDA

View Full Version : postflop level 1 this time

schwza
06-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t740)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t865)
MP3 (t650)
CO (t930)
Button (t695)
Hero (t920)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t30) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t20</font>, BB calls t20.

Turn: (t70) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t150</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t270

gumpzilla
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I check the turn instead, I think. I'm guessing you were betting on the turn to block rather than to try and take the pot away. Depending on what size bet he fires out with on the turn, I think briefly about calling figuring that I probably have nine outs (three fives, two sevens, four sixes) against a K and will be able to extract more on the river. I'd fold to a bet of 70, call a bet of 40, and would wing it in between. After the flop I think I'm interested in trying to get to the river as cheaply as possible.

schwza
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check the turn instead, I think. I'm guessing you were betting on the turn to block rather than to try and take the pot away. Depending on what size bet he fires out with on the turn, I think briefly about calling figuring that I probably have nine outs (three fives, two sevens, four sixes) against a K and will be able to extract more on the river. I'd fold to a bet of 70, call a bet of 40, and would wing it in between. After the flop I think I'm interested in trying to get to the river as cheaply as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking he probably had a smaller pair or pair + gutshot, and wanted to extract value. when he raised, i figured he likely flopped two pair / set / straight. checking the turn was kind of unappealing b/c i was worried that he might be able to move me off the hand without anything.