PDA

View Full Version : movie quote

Matt24
06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Last night on a Party table someone said "I may have lost some chips, but you will be a douchebag forever." My friend who was watching was trying to figure out what movie that was from, anyone know? Thanks

__Q__
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Its clearly a variation of the famous Winston Churchill quote. Are you sure your specific quote was in a movie?

CrazyEyez
06-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Shrek 2.

Matt24
06-14-2005, 02:33 PM
but my friend thought he had heard that before. It could have been South Park too.

It wasnt the specific quote, just a first line, then the douchebag part, the chips was substituted.

asofel
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but my friend thought he had heard that before. It could have been South Park too.

It wasnt the specific quote, just a first line, then the douchebag part, the chips was substituted.

[/ QUOTE ]

like Q said, sounds like Churchill...

"I may be drunk Madame, but in the morning I shall be sober, and you shall still be ugly."

CrazyEyez
06-14-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like Q said, sounds like Churchill...

"I may be drunk Madame, but in the morning I shall be sober, and you shall still be ugly."

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always liked:

Lady Astor: Sir, if you were my husband I'd poison your coffee.

Churchill: Madame, if you were my wife I'd drink it.

belloc
06-14-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always liked:

Lady Astor: Sir, if you were my husband I'd poison your coffee.

Churchill: Madame, if you were my wife I'd drink it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal favorite:

George Bernard Shaw telegrammed Winston Churchill just prior to the opening of his play "Major Barbara": "Have reserved two tickets for first night. Come and bring a friend if you have one."

Churchill wired back, "Impossible to come to first night. Will come to second night, if there is one."

Jersey Nick
06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm sure you must be thinking of one of these:

Conan O'Brien: I may have lost my freakishly long legs in the war of 2012, but I have one thing you'll never have: A SOUL.
Futurama "Xmas Story" (episode # 2.8) 19 December 1999

Emma: I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control.
Emma (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116191/maindetails)

Vanessa: My dick may not function, but I have not lost my smile!
Freeway (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116361/maindetails)

And from personal memory: A friend was hitting on a girl in a bar. She called him a drunk, to which he replied, "Tomorrow I will be sober, but you will still be a bitch".