PDA

View Full Version : Has Moderation been an improvement?

Bulldog
06-14-2005, 01:30 PM

Freakin
06-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Where's the "Favorite Moderator" poll?

Freakin

RYL
06-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Moderation has been so good... that even I'm becoming a little scared. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

06-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I haven't really noticed much difference, but having moderators really annoys me for some reason. I always feel like Big Brother is watching. Kinda creepy.

RacersEdge
06-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Funny = this thread being suddenly deleted from the forum... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ripdog
06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny = this thread being suddenly deleted from the forum... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that only happens when Dynasty makes some stupid ass comment in a thread, get reamed for it, tries to shrug off the criticism, get reamed even harder, then *POOF*, the thread is gone.

Pocket Trips
06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
No offense to Dynasty or Wacki but I honestly feel OOT is better without any moderation. I would rather put up with the jesus spammer, and trolls like dead, than have interesting threads deleted or locked just because 1 or 2 people didn't like them. I am speaking specifically of the why do men leave their wives thread the lindsay Lohan thread...Why were these threads pulled or locked? They may not have been exactly ground breaking material but I don't think there was anything in them that was specifically offensive to a fellow OOT'er. Sure thetre were some idiotic responses but they were dealt with in the way things in OOT have always been dealt with... the idiots were called on their BS...if it is against the rules to make idiotic responses in OOT then what other purpose does this forum serve????

wacki
06-14-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am speaking specifically of the why do men leave their wives thread the lindsay Lohan thread...Why were these threads pulled or locked?

[/ QUOTE ]

LINKY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2624769&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

fnord_too
06-14-2005, 03:09 PM
It's ok here I think. Someone locked the "Banned at Poo Mountain" thread in the zoo though. WTF??? That was one of the best threads ever and it gets locked?

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
My $0.02 is that it's going o.k. The deleting threads issue should be changed though. They'll drop down quickly enough if they get locked, and if a mistake was made they can always get unlocked. There have been some really good ones mysteriously deleted lately.

Alobar
06-14-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My $0.02 is that it's going o.k. The deleting threads issue should be changed though. They'll drop down quickly enough if they get locked, and if a mistake was made they can always get unlocked. There have been some really good ones mysteriously deleted lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

NutCrackerr
06-14-2005, 03:35 PM
User moderators will eventually ruin this site.

Pocket Trips
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am speaking specifically of the why do men leave their wives thread the lindsay Lohan thread...Why were these threads pulled or locked?

[/ QUOTE ]

LINKY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2624769&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I read that thread about threads being deleted rather than frozen w/o comment but my question still stands... what was in thise threads that was "objectionable"?

If we can't make fun of celebrities becoming coke whores right before our very eyes, then what can we do in OOT?

SpearsBritney
06-14-2005, 11:09 PM
All in all, yes. It can be a little annoying sometimes when a deletion seems unwarrented, but the signal to noise ratio is alot better than it was a few weeks ago. I have had a few of my own posts deleted when I have gotten out of line (and rightfully so), but for the most part, the mods are doing a pretty good job.

TimM
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These random entire thread deletions have really put a damper on my desire to post. Why do I waste my time here?

TimM
06-14-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All in all, yes. It can be a little annoying sometimes when a deletion seems unwarrented, but the signal to noise ratio is alot better than it was a few weeks ago. I have had a few of my own posts deleted when I have gotten out of line (and rightfully so), but for the most part, the mods are doing a pretty good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are entire threads disappearing for no apparent reason. If a post is out of line and it gets deleted, that's fine. But why entire threads when I can see zero difference between the type of threads that are being deleted, and those allowed to stay? If a topic is not acceptable, how are we supposed to know that if things just disappear with no explanation.

maryfield48
06-14-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All in all, yes. It can be a little annoying sometimes when a deletion seems unwarrented, but the signal to noise ratio is alot better than it was a few weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like Dead's frequency has dropped off a tad lately. Maybe that has something to do with it.