PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Threads

ripdog
06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
This is the second time in recent weeks I've looked for a thread and it is nowhere to be found. The "Lindsay Lohan and other pigs" thread seems to have vanished. Am I correct? The other thread that disappeared was in the Politics Forum. WTF?

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
why would that thread disappear?

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
i guess it was deemed redundant? the material has been covered before...

ripdog
06-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Why not lock it then? I think after 20+ responses, the thread had enough interest to warrant keeping it around. Plus, it was pretty amusing. I want an official explanation.

offTopic
06-14-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not lock it then? I think after 20+ responses, the thread had enough interest to warrant keeping it around. Plus, it was pretty amusing. I want an official explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton both post here, and that thread was deemed insulting to other posters.

Shajen
06-14-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Dynasty who said Mat didn't want the threads locked, just deleted, so that's what they do.

Pocket Trips
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Dynasty who said Mat didn't want the threads locked, just deleted, so that's what they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

threads with names like "lindsay Lohan and other pigs" contribute greatly to my OOT experience and should not be deleted

ripdog
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine with me, but the thread should not disappear. A "thread deleted by" heading and a brief explanation as to why would be common courtesy. I'm waiting for the moderators to weigh in before I drop the other shoe here.

Bulldog
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

threads with names like "lindsay Lohan and other pigs" contribute greatly to my OOT experience and should not be deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

MrMoo
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Click "My Home" at the top of the page. Scroll about half way down and under Main Configuration click edit for the display preferences. Check "Display invisible threads". Click "Submit" to save.

06-14-2005, 04:41 PM
If you want your thread to stick around, just wait until one of the moderators posts one of their lameass threads and then stick your stuff in there.

This forum continues to get more and more gay.

Dynasty
06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine with me, but the thread should not disappear. A "thread deleted by" heading and a brief explanation as to why would be common courtesy. I'm waiting for the moderators to weigh in before I drop the other shoe here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what happened to that thread.

People did ask for it to be looked at by moderators. I checked it out, saw the typical "Paris is ugly" comments, and then moved on.

I'd say I've made an average of 3-4 moderator actions a day in OOT. Yesterday, all I did was delete a couple of duplicate Michael Jackson verdict threads.