PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened to chaas4747 yesterday.

chaas4747
06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
My girlfriend and I are in our thirties. Both have been married before, and have no kids. We have been dating a while and are planning to get engaged in the next six months.
Now that you all have the background, she went to her PCP yesterday for her yearly check up. If you have not guessed it by now, chaas4747 is going to be a father. This is completely unexpected, but is a blessing. We talked about family it just seems it is going to be accelerated a little. She is about one and a half months along, so we are guessing the end of January, or the beginning of February. We have an OBGYN appointment tomorrow so I guess we will know more after that. Just wanted to share. This is the woman I know I want to spend the rest of my life with, so I am really happy.
I am putting the under at 3 post before "you should have stuck it in her pooper is used"..

Freakin
06-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Congratulations! I hope everything works out ok.

Freakin

steelcmg
06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Good job man u got'er done. Congrates

PS. put it in her pooper lol

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Well now ya know your boys can swim! Congrats, man! Being a Dad is a great feeling.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Congrats. The wifey and I just got a puppy yesterday and the damned thing won't shut up. Good luck with that baby thing.

Skjonne
06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Good job man. Congrats

See you in 18 years /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Shajen
06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
congrats man.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. The wifey and I just got a puppy yesterday and the damned thing won't shut up. Good luck with that baby thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics?

wh1t3bread
06-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Congrats!

"Way to slip one past the goalie!"

Blackjack
06-14-2005, 11:36 AM
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

IndieMatty
06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
congrats daddy-o

bosoxfan
06-14-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. The wifey and I just got a puppy yesterday and the damned thing won't shut up. Good luck with that baby thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you end up getting a boxer?

Congrats on the baby chaas.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics?

[/ QUOTE ]
His name is Bowser and he's a Boxer, 9 weeks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/Picture325.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. The wifey and I just got a puppy yesterday and the damned thing won't shut up. Good luck with that baby thing

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. See my above post for a picture of Bowser from yesterday. He really is a good puppy. He's just got a bit of separation anxiety, I think.

To Chaas, sorry - I don't mean to threadjack and congrats again on the baby and upcoming nuptials.

tdarko
06-14-2005, 12:05 PM
THREAD STEALER!!!!

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
THREAD STEALER!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PHONY! PHONY! YOU'RE A BIG FAT PHONY!

chaas4747
06-14-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. See my above post for a picture of Bowser from yesterday. He really is a good puppy. He's just got a bit of separation anxiety, I think.

To Chaas, sorry - I don't mean to threadjack and congrats again on the baby and upcoming nuptials.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a puppy that cute a threadjack is allowed. Thanks to everyone.

tdarko
06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PHONY! PHONY! YOU'RE A BIG FAT PHONY!

[/ QUOTE ]
huh?

meep_42
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't understand the concept of planning to get engaged. If you're planning on planning to get married, what exactly is the problem with just saying you're engaged already?

-d

tdarko
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
to please the woman.

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the concept of planning to get engaged. If you're planning on planning to get married, what exactly is the problem with just saying you're engaged already? -d

[/ QUOTE ]

No diamond for a pre-engagement.

RYL
06-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Congrats.

stanky
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Boxers are great dogs, I had one named Butch. The poor guy pasted away a couple months ago, he was 12, from cancer.The funny thing is that I remember almost naming him Bowser since Mario Bros. was my favorite game when I got him.

Oh, and congrats chaas

Blarg
06-14-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend and I are in our thirties. Both have been married before, and have no kids. We have been dating a while and are planning to get engaged in the next six months.
Now that you all have the background, she went to her PCP yesterday for her yearly check up. If you have not guessed it by now, chaas4747 is going to be a father. This is completely unexpected, but is a blessing. We talked about family it just seems it is going to be accelerated a little. She is about one and a half months along, so we are guessing the end of January, or the beginning of February. We have an OBGYN appointment tomorrow so I guess we will know more after that. Just wanted to share. This is the woman I know I want to spend the rest of my life with, so I am really happy.
I am putting the under at 3 post before "you should have stuck it in her pooper is used"..

[/ QUOTE ]

"We have an OBGYN appointment"?

This can't be good.

I sure hope he's careful with your vagina.

Completely unexpected, eh? To who?

StevieG
06-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Damn, Blarg, you sure are assuming a lot in thinking she duped him. Accidents do happen.

Besides, sounds like Chaas4747 is not unhappy about it.

Congratulations, Chaas, good health to mom and baby.

chaas4747
06-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Let's just say the odds they advertise are worse than hitting a one outer on the river. Sorry for the poker content.

Blarg
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm just kidding around. But it's not like we all haven't heard that one plenty of times before though. "Hey guys, my girlfriend missed her period, and I'm floating on air!"

I do think it's pretty over the top when guys say things like "WE are pregnant" or "We're having cramps today" or something.

If somebody opens doors like that, I'm sorry, but he's guaranteed in for at least a little hell. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
My then-girlfriend (wife) and I had been dating for like 6 months when she told me she was pregnant. She took a home test and fretted over telling me for like half a day. When she finally did, she was in tears. She said she had something important to tell me. I said, "You're pregnant." The funny thing was I knew she'd missed her period several days before she realized it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

StevieG
06-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do think it's pretty over the top when guys say things like "WE are pregnant" or "We're having cramps today" or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Be a man when you want to support her, not a tool who makes comments like you want to share the attention.

chesspain
06-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Mazel Tov!

Los Feliz Slim
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Congrats. My wife and I had our first, a girl, three months ago. Think we can get Mat to add a "Parenting" forum?

tbach24
06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Congrats man. Hope everything goes well for you.

CrazyEyez
06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

[/ QUOTE ]

And boom goes the dynamite.

Congrats. My daughter is a year and a half and she's the most fun ever.

blaze666
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
you're lying, a poker player with a girlfreind? nah, i can't see it.

anyway, are you planning to teach this kid about poker?