PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

bakersh
01-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Loose 10-20 game. Setup of characters:
Nice woman playing fairly solid (not great, but for this table it was "solid") to the left of me... not so nice older woman to the left of her. The older woman was calling with basically anything and hitting everything. No big deal since I've seen that many times. But she was cocky about it and really pissing off the lady next to me. The nice lady (NL) had raised preflop with AKh and the older b*&ch (OB) called 20 cold with what turned out to be K4s and after a flop and turn with a couple kings and a 4, made things worse. As I was wispering with the NL about the hand, the OB barked: "What did you say!?" I replied: "I said 'Nice hand'".. to which she yaps "That's what I thought you said."

Anyway, on to the funny part of the story: Folded to OB in the cutoff. As she is throwing in her chips for a call, the local player on the button says: "Wait, hang on... they said they'll chop." The OB quickly takes her bet back and says "OK" as she turns over her pocket aces. The blinds look at each other in disbelief (as does the rest of the table) and pull back their blinds. OB says "No big deal, I'll just play them next time. They're no better than any other pair. I hate them." /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif