PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug in forum software?

09-29-2001, 03:22 AM
I had been browsing the 2+2 site happily for a few hours when suddenly all links to every post (I tried from the index page of several forums) stopped working and all sent me to the same error page rather than the post. This had happened to me earlier in the day, but this time I copied the error message for the benefit of posterity:

-------------- [ copied error text ] --------------

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: Gambling+Theory+and+Strategy Internet+Poker=name%3A%3A%26email%3A ... [this string goes on for a very very long time]

-------------- [ end of copied error text ] --------------

I can solve this problem by going to C:windowscookies and deleting the cookie for twoplustwo.com, and then restarting my browser. Just closing the browser and going back to twoplustwo after I restart it does not fix anything. Since some folks might not know how to fix this if they run into the same problem, it might be some cause for concern.

It seems to have to do with how much browsing (I had also made several posts using "preview" multiple times) I have done, as I didn't get this problem until I had visited possibly more than a hundred posts without closing my browser or leaving the 2+2 site. The incredibly long string in my cookie looked like it contained the forum name and message number of every post I had visited in my entire session.

Anyone else ever seen this before?

09-29-2001, 03:27 AM
I'm glad someone else is experiencing this.

Since the forum was reformatted, I've had to delete the 2+2 cookies at least once a week, sometimes every other day. I had made some other changes to my system, so I thought it was me.

09-29-2001, 09:17 PM
I have my own problems with the Sprinks, whatever the problem... I'm sure Zee is beind it...

SPM,...he's a peskey devil that Zee...