PDA

View Full Version : Next Limit book?

GutPunch
06-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I have already read, and reread SSHE by slansky, and am now looking for the next great book on limit poker.
I have heard that Lee Jones book is really bad, and teaches a poor style of play.

What book would you reccomend I read next??

thanks

einbert
06-14-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoyed "Weighing the odds in Hold 'Em Poker" by King Yao.

You might want to ask the Books and Publications forum, though.

jskills
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoyed "Weighing the odds in Hold 'Em Poker" by King Yao.

You might want to ask the Books and Publications forum, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading this now - it's very good.

I didn't see "Hold Em for Advanced Players" mentioned? That should definitely be next for you. The Lee Jones book is good for people to read before SSHE.

I'd also recommend "The Psychology of Poker" and "Inside the Poker Mind".

ihardlyknowher
06-14-2005, 10:59 AM
SSHE. I have read it six times and it is still next on my list. HEPFAP and Theory of Poker are must reads too.

brettbrettr
06-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Bob Ciaffone's Middle Limit Poker book is also very, very good. Many say th advice is a bit weak, but you should be able to judge for yourself. I've also heard that Roy Cooke's book is excellent.

krimson
06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Theory of Poker is a must read as it relates to pretty much every game and limit.

__Q__
06-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Personally, I read SSH a hundred times and worked my way up to the 3/6 well before "Getting started in Hold'em" came out, but I would reccomend players read that if they haven't.

Obviously, if you've read SSH a bunch of times, nothing in Getting started is going to come as a big suprise, (atleast in the limit section) but I found the hour or so that it takes read through the limit hands well worth it. It really reinforces simple, but important concepts. And I find something valuable in just about ever hand analysis he does. I really wish he'd put out a big book of sample hands.

Pedigree
06-14-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I have heard that Lee Jones book is really bad, and teaches a poor style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard wrong. The Lee Jones book is great. Beginners should read that and play awhile and then read SSHE.

__Q__
06-14-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard wrong. The Lee Jones book is great. Beginners should read that and play awhile and then read SSHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Lets get this argument going again.