PDA

View Full Version : A8s against Ultra-LAG

sirana
06-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Pacific Poker 0,5/1 9handed

I think I misplayed this hand in more than one spot, but I'm not absolutely sure about any of them, so I post the hand with my thinking at that time.
villain is pretty crazy, playing nearly every hand he gets and raising preflop with mediocre hands and sometimes openfolding the river;-)

I am B with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP1 raises, everybody folds to me, I coldcall, the blinds fold (I know its normally no good to coldcall this hand with no other callers, but given the villains wide range of raising hands I gave it a shot)

Flop (6 Small bets): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bet, I raise, Villain reraises, I call. (I put him at an ace, but figured I had 4,5 outs (3 eigths and backdoor flush), so getting 11:1, i thought it best to call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets, I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets, I call. (I thought me probably beaten, but since he might have has Ace-rag or a high pair I called)

einbert
06-14-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
EP1 raises, everybody folds to me, I coldcall, the blinds fold (I know its normally no good to coldcall this hand with no other callers, but given the villains wide range of raising hands I gave it a shot)

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is a maniac playing this hand against him is fine. Reraising is better than calling though.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain bet, I raise, Villain reraises, I call. (I put him at an ace, but figured I had 4,5 outs (3 eigths and backdoor flush), so getting 11:1, i thought it best to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing this hand against this guy if you're going to so quickly put him on a dominating hand? If he is a true maniac isn't a pocket pair, a worse ace, or even middle or bottom pair possible? Or is he not really a maniac?

Against a true maniac I would probably raise the turn and call down if three-bet, but I'd be tempted to cap the turn. If this hand is good enough to play against this guy in this spot, you've got to be willing to give him more actin postflop when you hit your hand. If he's a somewhat sane player postflop, I wouldn't be playing this hand heads up against his EP raise in the first place.

aK13
06-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Why do you change your read midway through the hand? I would cap the flop. River sucks -- you're likely chopping, but LAGs will play mid PP this way also.