PDA

View Full Version : Tips/tricks for multitable HU

brimstone1
06-14-2005, 05:25 AM
I 4 table $20+$2, and occasionally I'll find myself HU, ITM, or on the bubble at 2 or more of them at the same time.

Before the bubble, its all automatic(ish), so I'm fine.
But when they hit ITM, and I need to check stacks, cards, previous hands, etc -- I get lost.

I just got reminded of this fact when I ended up 2nd at 3 of the 4 tables I played. I was bubble/ITM/HU in all 3 at the same time, and I'm pretty sure I missed a couple of push and call opportunities. Mind you, I entered ITM as chip leader at all three, or quickly gained chip leader position. I felt like I was folding way more than I usually do ITM, it just felt wrong. I bled too many chips away.

I'm asking the 4/8/12-tabling pros (pros compared to me, at least) amongst us, what do you do when you're on the bubble/itm/HU at more than 2 tables at a time? Has that sort of thinking-play become automatic for you?

Do you have any tips, tricks, that sort of thing you could share?

Thanks

Mr_J
06-14-2005, 05:41 AM
"Do you have any tips, tricks, that sort of thing you could share?"

Experience and don't think, just push /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don't rush it, you don't HAVE to make split second decisions. It's all about your EV, don't worry if you are making the other guy wait.

"Has that sort of thinking-play become automatic for you?"
"and I need to check stacks, cards, previous hands, etc -- I get lost."

Every part of sngs is. It just takes experience. The more you put yourself in situations the more efficient your thinking process becomes. You get to the stage where it's all second nature, like typing or something. You don't think, it just happens. Just keep playing and it'll sort itself out.

pergesu
06-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Either play fewer tables or just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll eventually pick it up. Takes a bit of time, but it'll come to you.

Remember back when it was tough playing 4 tables at a time, regardless of the stage? Or even just two tables?

DasLeben
06-14-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Either play fewer tables or just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll eventually pick it up. Takes a bit of time, but it'll come to you.

Remember back when it was tough playing 4 tables at a time, regardless of the stage? Or even just two tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to OP: Perg uses the #XR1337 model luckbox for his games, just like everyone should. There's been a firmware upgrade just in case you didn't know. Make sure you have v1.12 (latest stable), or v1.13b. /images/graemlins/smile.gif