PDA

View Full Version : Strange night of 6-max: some hands.

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Seriously people were insane tonight. It took a while to adjust to specific players who were pretty random in their "Hey I think I'm gonna check raise right now" decision making. So, assume every player here is capable of bluff raising, bluff check raising, betting every street with nothing, etc. I felt like I was getting played back at way too much, so I decided to employ boss moves, which require reckless abandon of traditional play, willingness to trash talk other players, and above all, a big weiner. On to the hands.

hand 1: Seriously not very far into the session, and this guy has been check raising like every flop he gets into against me. So I decide that I hate his mother and I 3-bet the flop because I think he's full of shit.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

hand 2: Different guy, same crap. Basically I realize that once he caps this preflop, I'm going to showdown against him. Regardless of what he shows down I plan on typing, "Oops" into the chatbox.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

hand 3: Another AK. Same villain as hand 2. This was when I first started getting curious as to what the hell he had. I fold this river against some (probably over half) players, but I thought that in order for me to play better later in the session, I would pay this off and tell him his mom has better hands than he does.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

and hand 4: Here I flop top fucking pair, and some douche (new guy) decides it would be cool to raise the flop and bet the turn and river. Little does he know that I plan on check calling his inevitable turn bet and check raising his inevitable river bet. Why not just 3-bet the flop and keep leading out? Because check raising later earns me more bets plus it humiliates the hell out of this guy when he discovers that he's been raped [and raped so hard that I a) get away with it and b) get paid for it].

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

bottomset
06-14-2005, 04:39 AM
you like the new handle? I was just fucking around with you

SCfuji
06-14-2005, 04:43 AM
lol owned

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 04:43 AM
I wouldn't be surprised...

I need to start using only my Empire account. I won all these hands, at least.

SCfuji
06-14-2005, 04:46 AM
aggression leads to confusion. confusion leads to headaches. headaches lead to the tiltside.

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aggression leads to confusion. confusion leads to headaches. headaches lead to the tiltside.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't really tilt, I basically felt like I had to take a stand eventually. There was a point where I had clicked "raise any" in the BB with like Q6s, but I sweetly unclicked it before it got to me. I proceeded to flop a four flush and river the nut flush, all the while typing profanities into the chat box.

SCfuji
06-14-2005, 04:51 AM
lol. i gotta make some randomly named party accounts and smurf some of you guys.

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 04:54 AM
do it to people trying to 4 or 6 table 6-max.

aK13
06-14-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do it to people trying to 4 or 6 table 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on absolute....so don't come looking for me there

droolie
06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
I watched you play last night for about 20 minutes. You did quite well BTW. You just showed up a table that another 2+2er was playing (I was observeing his play all night) and made a quicky 30BB's.

However we were both amazed at your poor usage of the chat box. Do you realy want to be a table jerk? Calling bad players lucky is just plain dumb. At one point you scored a full-house and after building a huge pot told an uber-fish, "Don't mess with AK! I will pull a boss move on you," or some such garbage. I'm glad to hear you were just messing around but it seemed pretty awful to me. The table you were on cleared out pretty fast too (you left after it got three handed) and that was bad as you really could have made a mint of those guys rebought instead. I think you should abandon that type of chat for a more friendly style of banter. I think you'll scare away more bad players than you'll induce into tilting. Nice playing though....

mmbt0ne
06-14-2005, 08:49 AM
If you were playing any of the same people I was playing I like it.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't listen to them miles...
http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/04/09/images/02emperor350.jpg
anger gives you FOCUS

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 10:08 AM
after going through these hands, I reliaze that 6max is gonna be a very fun experience for me.

Entity
06-14-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
after going through these hands, I reliaze that 6max is gonna be a very fun experience for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will.

I'm going through yet another "why the hell can't I beat this game" phase.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
UTG has 9d 6d (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.20 BB. </font>

SomethingClever
06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 6-max is college. Enjoy the good times while they last.

5/10 6-max is the real world, a soul-crushing grind that makes you want to smash your monitor on a daily basis.

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
What was the bb/100 for you guys while on 1/2 6max?

Bradyams
06-14-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "fun" you mean huge swings that make you want to kill people then yes it will be fun. Atleast that's how it is at first.

But like someone else said I'm sure 5/10 6max is even worse, and I'm not looking forward to my introduction to that.

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "fun" you mean huge swings that make you want to kill people then yes it will be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

variance is my secret lover

Entity
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About 3.2ish over 30k hands.

Rob

SomethingClever
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was only 2.3 after a 40k sample, but I experienced the joy of a 300 bb downswing in there.

KingOtter
06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
How can you tell when opponents have a hand, and don't if they play like this?

Maybe my wiener isn't big enough.

KO

DeathDonkey
06-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah last bonus clearing I 4 tabled 1/2 6max. Had 100 BB downswing and then upswing within 24 hours of each other within 500 hands of each other! Variance rocks.

-DeathDonkey

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At one point you scored a full-house and after building a huge pot told an uber-fish, "Don't mess with AK! I will pull a boss move on you," or some such garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]
i chat a lot more than others do, because it's fun and i get bored. i try not to "scare" others away, but if i feel like getting at someone who keeps on trying to own me, I'll say something. i have never called someone a lucky fish or a terrible player though. i basically say [censored] like, "i own you," "if i had the chance i would kill you," and "hahahahahahahahaha."

droolie
06-14-2005, 03:49 PM
You didn't say "lucky fish" you said "lucky man" after getting sucked out on. You really weren't that out of line compared to what I see all the time but I was wondering if you were drunk.

I have no problem with trying to use the chatbox though. I too try to use the chatbox to my advantage from time to time. I usually go the other way though and apologize for making a big hand or talk about how much money I lost. I want the bad players to be happy and comfortable and to rebuy repeatedly. I make jokes and do a fair amount of cheerleading. I often say nh for any big hand that beats me especially when I get sucked out on and always say ty when I get a nh. I enjoy making retarded responses when someone tries to talk strategy. I talk about needing to get lucky and having a feeling, crap like that. I try to divert conversation between table coaches and fish by telling the coach to leave them alone and let them play their game. We're all here to have fun and we all have different styles.

I also like to try to make my opponents more predictable. The other night a really unpredictable player tried to bluff me twice in a row and I called him down with good hands both times. He said, "the next time I'll have it." I said something like "you better because the next time I'm calling." After that there was no way he was going to bluff me again. (In fact I f-ed up big time and called him down 2 hands in a row after that and of course he had it both times. So much for my brilliance, eh.)

I rarely try to inflame other players though. The only ones I'll do that to are table rude coaches or a-holes who are f-ing up the table by spewing hate in the chat box. I love playing table hero and making the a-hole tilt his stack away. You can often get the entire table to gang up on a guy.

KingOtter
06-14-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At one point you scored a full-house and after building a huge pot told an uber-fish, "Don't mess with AK! I will pull a boss move on you," or some such garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]
i chat a lot more than others do, because it's fun and i get bored. i try not to "scare" others away, but if i feel like getting at someone who keeps on trying to own me, I'll say something. i have never called someone a lucky fish or a terrible player though. i basically say [censored] like, "i own you," "if i had the chance i would kill you," and "hahahahahahahahaha."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see stuff like that I think 'teenager', and ignore it unless it is against a player I want to stay at the table.

Maybe it's just the old fart in me.

KO