PDA

View Full Version : Two marginal JJ overpair 6-max hands

ClaytonN
06-14-2005, 02:43 AM
I kid you not, these hands happened at about the same time on two different tables.

It was almost like Deja vu. In both instances I had an overpair that was, to some extent, very susceptible.

Comments on all streets on both hands appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB

aK13
06-14-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't like capping the flop in either hand.

Hand 1: Villain capped preflop, and you're probably behind his range of hands -- I doubt AK would play this way, unless he has AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I am considering whether our line should be smooth calling the flop, and waiting for the turn to raise, as I doubt he would 3bet us with anything that we have beat...

Hand 2: I'd call down after the flop 3bet. His range is huge, and the board is pretty coordinated. I'd definitely bet if checked to, though (like on the river).

I, however, am just beginning to try out 1/2 6max, so take my advice FWIW.

SteveL91
06-14-2005, 02:58 AM
I don't get why you're going balls-to-the-wall with JJ against a PF capper without a read (and even then, I think it's too much). If you think you can get it HU, then I can see the initial raise, but capping is pointless.

Hand 2 also seems a bit overdone given the board texture.

kapw7
06-14-2005, 03:38 AM
This is 1/2 6max. Ppl can be agressive with a lot of crap. Waiting for the turn to raise is a good idea in these games (My turn AF is greater). But JJ is not the hand you wait with. Hand 1 is read dependent because of the PF cap. Hand 2 is a good flop cap. What are we afraid of? T8?

ClaytonN
06-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I really feel like I got SB to fold a better hand on hand 2. It felt very invigorating (sp).

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 03:58 AM
I really doubt SB folded a better hand. 87, 88, A8, and more can find a way to play it this way on the flop. I don't think he gave you credit for the boat on a 99766 board since you raised preflop, and I highly doubt he would fold a straight for the final bet on the river. These guys struggle to fold anything.

FWIW I would have checked that river.

kapw7
06-14-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would have checked that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Check call the river.