PDA

View Full Version : FPS- Blind vs. Blind Turn bluff raise

flair1239
06-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Villian was loose and had passive post flops stats. However I had observed him laydown hands. In other words, he does not necessarily have to see the river.

From his perspective, I really did not think he could call this without a Q or a /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Also I am done if raised, but would consider betting a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif river if called.

The other thing is, this is consistent with how I would play a Flush draw or trip queens.

Other than the fact the pot probably was not big enough to justify this move. Was the thining sound?

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

mantasm
06-14-2005, 02:39 AM
If you call the flop bet, i think it should be with the intention of betting the turn if checked to and folding if he bets. This works a lot. You could also try just raising the flop. Or folding it. Your line is expensive and i don't think it'll work often enough to make it profitable.

mr pink
06-14-2005, 02:39 AM
ugghhh... i really don't like this at all. if you're gonna try this, at least have something with some showdown value in case it doesn't work so you can check behind the river and still have a shot.

the pot is laying you 4:2 on your raise, so this has to work more than 33% of the time. i don't see that.

DBowling
06-14-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're gonna try this, at least have something with some showdown value in case it doesn't work so you can check behind the river and still have a shot.

the pot is laying you 4:2 on your raise, so this has to work more than 33% of the time. i don't see that.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

jskills
06-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm folding preflop. Pick a better spot to defend IMHO.

SeaEagle
06-14-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really, you have to make the decision to make a play at this pot when you call the flop, so you're either risking 2.5 to win 3.5 (on a bluff raise) or 1.5 to win 2.5 if villian checks the turn. In a BvB situation, I can't imagine the turn bet/raise wins anywhere near often enough to make this +EV.

coffeecrazy1
06-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I agree. This seems like a troubling hand to try and defend with.