PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll requirements

Carnite
06-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Ok, so I'm fairly new to 2+2, been floating around a few other forums for a while though, but of course they all only prattle on about Texas Hold Em. Anyway, I know it's a regular topic of discussion on other threads but I can't find it on this one -

What sort of bankroll should you have for playing PLO?

Let's assume 100BB Buy-ins and talk in terms of number of buy-ins required.

I typically play .10-.25 ($25 max) or .25-.50 ($50 max) and do the former reasonably well on a $200 bankroll (sometimes < $100, but that's when things get really risky) and if things are going well I can still handle a few .25-.50 games on $200. That's 4 buy-ins at a possible (not really where we want to be) and quite comfortable with 8 buy-ins.

I've been clever enough to take a run at a larger game with 2 buy-ins (heh, ok, c'mon, let me hear it), But what should I really be looking at before I consider moving up to say the .50-1 or 1-2?

PorscheNGuns
06-14-2005, 02:02 AM
You should have enough that the threat of losing your whole stack on one hand doesnt make you sweat at all. Any time a big decision is made under the looming threat of going bust and moving down limits, that decision will be severely flawed.

Generally that means 30-40 buy ins, or (EDIT) 3000-4000BB's.

-Matt

Carnite
06-14-2005, 02:13 AM
3000-4000BB I assume.

Cheers, I can accept that. At the moment I'm spending what I earn and reloading if I have to cause I'm bust (all the while in the black), as a student it's hard to keep a bankroll building when I need to pay rent. I made really bad calls at the $.50-$1 and I know it, so I'll keep the 30 buy-in mark in mind before I really try to lauch my bankroll into a higher limit. (500BB and counting! lol)

Spellmen
06-14-2005, 01:10 PM
I think if you are playing the Party $25 tables and you have a good knowledge of the game then you can get away with $200-300 nutpeddling. I will say that I have done this, but that when first starting out I was very lucky in that I started out on a great win streak, so take it with a grain of salt