PDA

View Full Version : Getting a read on Villain from his chat - Be careful what you say!

Dov
06-14-2005, 12:44 AM
This is a cross post in the Psychology forum.

I was playing kind of weak tight at this 5/10 6max table for about half an hour while reading the forum. Then this happened.

I thought I should share it with you guys and see what you think.

Villain is UTG with stats of 66/20/0.5

His chat on the turn made me post this.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks,

UTG types into the chat box "dare ya" and then

UTG checks, Hero checks. (I checked behind, only because he is so passive. The comment was so strange that it got me thinking.)

River: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, (I raised figuring that he must have a J and this was as good a scare card as any. In addition, I would have folded had he not made that comment on the turn. He waited about 15 seconds and then typed this:

good call
i mean raise

BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP doesn't show.
Hero has Td As (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.70 BB. </font>

I showed him my hand, of course. I think that was a mistake though.

He quit the game right there.