PDA

View Full Version : Which game has the largest +EV

pokahjokah
06-14-2005, 12:37 AM
I looked in the archives for an answer but I could not find
a similar question. Is there a general consensus on which poker game gives a greater advantage to a skilled poker player? Or, is this type of question too much of a generality?

lightw1thoutheat
06-14-2005, 01:09 AM
for holdem i think it is LHE<PLHE<NLHE (at least cloutier says this- because in NL you can always manipulate the size of the pot)

i think that sklansky wrote that Omaha, not sure if he meant hi or low and am too lazy to get the book out, wont be the game of the future because pros have too great of an edge.

im not sure about the other games, but i think the low draw games, 2-7/a-5 single or triple draw are very good for the skilled players because they have such emphasis on hand reading.

i am an idiot so im probably wrong.
-light

Indiana
06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
The separation between the best and worst players is greatest at Omaha8. If you spend the time to master this game you will have the greatest expectation just because so few players have invested the required time to learn how to play it well. The only problem I see with this game is that the general public is leaning toward NLHE right now so the prize pools are larger there. Omaha high is the game i would spend the least amount of time on. The players in that game work off of smaller profit margins than HE and HI/LO.

Indiana