PDA

View Full Version : Pumping the OESD - 1/2 six-max

ClaytonN
06-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Cross posted in HUSH

New table

Is this a right approach? Because I do stuff like this a lot...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Jaran
06-14-2005, 01:10 AM
You have about a 34%+ chance to fill up by the river and you're contributing just over 33% of the bets, so yeah, it's for value.

-Jaran

bottomset
06-14-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't like it

Bodhi
06-14-2005, 01:13 AM
If you also had a backdoor flush draw I would like this a lot more. As it is you're probably breaking even at best.

Emmitt2222
06-14-2005, 01:18 AM
You are basically even equity wise so you aren't pushing an edge most likely. Im just calling the initial bet because I don't want to knock the other guy out, but if you do raise, then just call the 3bet so you can c/r on the turn when you hit your straight which is sweet.

afk
06-14-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are basically even equity wise so you aren't pushing an edge most likely. Im just calling the initial bet because I don't want to knock the other guy out, but if you do raise, then just call the 3bet so you can c/r on the turn when you hit your straight which is sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise with the intention of taking a free card?

milesdyson
06-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Just call the flop. In general in 6-max, you'll be doing a lot less draw pumping on the flop because, in general, there aren't enough players seeing the flop or calling flop bets to make it profitable.

wyoak
06-14-2005, 01:24 AM
the cap seems ok, but I don't get the first raise....

irishpint
06-14-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the cap seems ok, but I don't get the first raise....

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. the cap is for value/free turn card/fold equity/confusion. but why the first raise to knock people out? that's muy mal.

aK13
06-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't like raising here. We don't want UTG to fold. I would like the raise much more if we had position, though, as we would trap the field and also take a free card if we choose.

mmbt0ne
06-14-2005, 08:43 AM
1-(39/47)(38/46) = 0.31452

That's the chance you have of hitting your straight by the river. You are losing money pumping this draw unless you think your Ks and Js are worth enough to make up for it. In this case, it probably is because a K will be the high card on the board, and you only need it to be there a very small percentage of the time.

However, I'm pumping OESDs a lot more carefully now than I used to. THey are not as straight-forward as flush draws are. 2 flushes on the flop, and other such things really hurt your odds. Unless I have a hand like KQ with JT3r on the board, I won't pump the flop with only 2 opponents. Another option would be having something like J/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif on a K/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif board against 2 opponents.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you need more outs than just the OESD against 2 opponents.

EDIT: actually, no. I don't like pumping on this flop at all. With UTGs aggression, your K is not good here often enough. And the first flop raise is pretty bad IMO.

topspin
06-14-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise with the intention of taking a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you planning to take a free card when UTG (who 3-bet the flop) acts after you?

Rev. Good Will
06-14-2005, 09:13 AM
very OT but, chipotle pwns

Quercus
06-14-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
very OT but, chipotle pwns

[/ QUOTE ]