PDA

View Full Version : I would like to know if this is terrible.

Eratik
06-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Because it seemed pretty straightforward at the time, for how retarded of a hand it was.

Button is a good player who has been playing back at me fairly often.

The other two players are pretty crappy.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

mperich
06-14-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop. Rest looks standard.

-Mike

adamstewart
06-14-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate the raise preflop. I'd do the same sometimes, depending on what's been happening for the last few orbits.

Remember, this was 4-handed.

Or were you referring to the second time around? I think he's still gotta call the cap with all 4 committed to this pot, and the size of it now, he's got to see the flop/

Adam

ALL1N
06-14-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd have raised the turn.

adamstewart
06-14-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting.

but getting 3-bet by the BB would suck with so many outs.

Adam

adamstewart
06-14-2005, 12:43 AM
looks like a fairly well played hand.

mperich
06-14-2005, 12:45 AM
You like to play pots with 6 hi 4 handed when it will end up headsup, for 3 bets, out of position, against a solid player a fair amount of the time? I hate this scenario a lot. I like the raise better if the description of the table was this: I was playing 4 handed. Everyone at the table was pretty tight, and they all sucked.

-Mike

Joshssj4
06-14-2005, 12:45 AM
I was under the impression preflop was horrible!
How could this possibly be ok?
Not critisizing, it just seems as though I've been terribly misinformed on playable hands preflop.

adamstewart
06-14-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You like to play pots with 6 hi 4 handed when it will end up headsup, for 3 bets, out of position, against a solid player a fair amount of the time? I hate this scenario a lot. I like the raise better if the description of the table was this: I was playing 4 handed. Everyone at the table was pretty tight, and they all sucked.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

i must admit, I missed the read on the button.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Adam

ALL1N
06-14-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but getting 3-bet by the BB would suck with so many outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing a big pot that should have been won sucks more. Also, putting 3 bets in on the turn and none on the river isn't that much worse than 1 and 1 when you've got 9 probable outs.

steaknshake925
06-14-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like raising here. BB capped preflop so theres a very good chance here you'll get 3bet. i also like callin to keep button in the hand for better odds to draw, since its unlikely he's contaminating any of your outs.

Trix
06-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Was going to say the flop, but folding a better hand from the button seem possible if you wait, so I think I like it.

ALL1N
06-14-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like raising here. BB capped preflop so theres a very good chance here you'll get 3bet. i also like callin to keep button in the hand for better odds to draw, since its unlikely he's contaminating any of your outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point. You raise here to protect your pair of sixes, which are good here a decent amount of the time. All BB did was cap and bet. He has just overcards here a lot.

ALL1N
06-14-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was going to say the flop, but folding a better hand from the button seem possible if you wait, so I think I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, many good things happen when you wait until the turn. Others include:
-Get to see if button raises flop and don't spray excessive chips if there's action.
-Assured folding of button's overcards on turn. Raising flop can just bloat pot so that when you bet turn they both call with overcards again.

Nigel
06-14-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Eratik
06-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Well, he's a good player so he's playing back at me with reasonable holdings, but mostly he's folding.

I'm still not sure about the raise, but I think it's better vs. this opponent than against a LAG or a calling station.

stir
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Listen to mperich; this is not a raise.