PDA

View Full Version : Great Lay down or dumbest play ever?

ChrisEuph
06-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone...I just had an intersesting hand come up and I was hoping some people might give their opinion. I was playing in a $20 home tourney w/6 players at my table. The particular player I was up against been bluffed out of pots by me in the past. Anyways, blinds are 10/20 (4th hand played),I am on the button w/AA. UTG raises to 60. Folded around to me . I raise and make it 150 straight. sb and bb both fold. Original raiser calls. Flop is q,j,10 w/two hearts (I have no Heart). It is checked to me and I bet 150 into 330 pot. Then I get raised 150. So now I can call 150 more to win 630. I decided to fold. That may be the worst decision I've ever made, but it is very early and I figured I was up against two pair, trips, or a pair plus open str. draw. Anyways...what do you all think. IF it was a dumb play just say so, but tell me why...I just don't think he had AQ or AJ or a small pair b/c he should have bet more on the flop to push out draws. He isn't necessarily the type of player to know that, but he would have to put me on a pair or ak once the flop came down. Let me know. Thanks

freemoney
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
FIND A NEW HOBBY.

gildwulf
06-14-2005, 12:08 AM
P-U-S-H flop.

Zach

MastiffPaul
06-14-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FIND A NEW HOBBY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to say anything in the last three threads you posted in, but Christ. You are an asshat, and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get on your good side so they can club you when you aren't looking and rifle through your wallet. It's a poorly moderated forum when someone like you is allowed to post some repetitive, unconstructive one-liner in every other thread. I pray for the day you are swiftly and mercilessly banned.

adanthar
06-14-2005, 12:25 AM
If you'd bet 200 or 250 this would be far less difficult. If you are scared about the flop enough to underbet, it won't kill you to check behind and call him down.

The fold isn't great but isn't terrible, either, FWIW.

EMcWilliams
06-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Umm....how many chips did you start with, cause I think that is very important. You say that villian is easily bluffed out, meaning he fits into a tight profile here. It seems as if he is your average player, with some idea of what is going on. Early in a tourney, and assuming that this will not leave you rediclously short stacked, I think that my aces head to the muck pile 70% of the time, and the rest of the time I push.

ChrisEuph
06-14-2005, 12:55 AM
I started w/2000 in chips. I'm thinking now I should have bet the pot on the flop, but then agian maybe i found out all i needed to know w/the 150. I think that calling was the right move pot odds wise, but i didn't want to burn off chips really early. The blinds at this game move rather swiftly.

Thanks

Bill Poker
06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
since you assume he is tight, and its early in the game, i would put his range 88+/AQ+, the hands you are favorite against are 88/99/AQ/KK. so 50/50?

USCSigma1097
06-14-2005, 02:18 AM
When he comes over the top of you, I think you can safely assume you are behind greater than 85 percent of the time. At the lower levels in the SNG's, players capable of checkraising a draw are few and far inbetween. The biggest problem with your hand is that if you are behind, it's tought to say what your outs are. You very well may be drawing dead, or maybe to a non heart case ace. I fold as well here, for even if it is a 50-50, I think it's early and you can find a more +EV situation to get your chips in.

SO in conclusion...Good Fold...

Sigma

microbet
06-14-2005, 02:34 AM
I would bet more on the flop.

Unless I know this guy is 2nd level tricky, the raise of 150 makes me think he has the nuts.

Daliman
06-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Likely a good fold. If he isn't beating you already, the likelyhood of him having 14+ outs on you is high.

Mr_J
06-14-2005, 03:47 AM
Ok this is shorthanded so maybe I have no idea.

Judging by preflop I'd conclude that most that would raise then call your reraise would really like that flop- AK, TT-QQ. Your only in front of KK and AQ here (is this too tight a range??). His minraise also suggests he wants to extract some more chips from you but not raising enough to scare you off. Then again minraises can be used for exactly this reason (scaring people off). But like I said this is shorthanded (I'd be much more confident of ranges if it was full or HU) so I'm not sure what sort of range you can expect opponents to raise and call with.

curtains
06-14-2005, 03:49 AM
It would be nice to know how many chips people start with in this home tourney, and Im surprised so many people gave advice without knowing stack sizes.

Mr_J
06-14-2005, 04:05 AM
I didn't actually give any advice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

What would your read be? I can't see a set or KK minraising the flop like that with those draws, so AK/Q with backdoor flush draw feels right. Opinions?

microbet
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
He answered that (sort of) in an earlier post. He started with 2000 chips. This is the 4th hand.

octaveshift
06-14-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I pray for the day you are swiftly and mercilessly banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

mosdef
06-14-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pray for the day you are swiftly and mercilessly banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? if he's booted he'll just register under another name. if not, we can just skip every post he writes because we know they're usually useless.

tminus
06-14-2005, 03:41 PM
nothing dumb about this post...just ignore the bleeding deacons and keep posting

Correct me if i'm wrong but this is not a good flop for you. Aces or not you hold one pair with an inside straight draw. To make it worse you have two suited cards against you. His flop reraise doesn't look like a flush draw especially if he did actually recognize you stealing from him in previous games, so he's representing trips. What would someone 3b raise w/ UTG: AA, KK, AK, QQ, and maybe JJ, TT (if he's loose).
You have 6 outs (KKKKAA) with 47 cards to come = .13 or 6.5:1 odds with pot of approx. 4:1 (630:150)

i think you did the right thing folding and i give you credit for exercising such discipline

jeffraider
06-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Man the first two replies suck.

I like the fold, I think. You've got plenty of chips behind and it certainly smells like you're beat. I'd bet more on the flop though, like 225. And I'd also never fold to a minraise again for the rest of the tournament.

ChrisEuph
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I think I made the right play and it is nice to know that some people agree w/me.

Thanks