PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes to "Gamb00l!"?

x2ski
06-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though a lot of players tend to raise UTG with anything when it is their last hand at the table (right before the blinds hit them again).

Is this standard practice (I doubt it)? I tend to see many players with good stats in these situations show down crap that happened to hit the flop after raising UTG. Then they leave.

iluzion
06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
small sample size so far, but its funny how split the community is.

Freudian
06-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the first hand and not the last?

stinkypete
06-14-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the first hand and not the last?

[/ QUOTE ]

yah... post under the gun and raise.

SoftcoreRevolt
06-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Then we could make it our first AND last hand at the table.

x2ski
06-14-2005, 01:19 AM
For those that have done this, what is your reasoning?

I can't think of anything beneficial (besides the supposed "rush"). You aren't generating a maniacal table image, since you're leaving right away.

Wouldn't this be a leak?

Is your decision to do this determined by how your session had been going? If so, do you tend to do this more often at the end of a good session (feeling lucky) or at the end of a bad session (feeling frustrated)?

Is it table-specific?

This practice just baffles me.

sthief09
06-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I just show all my bluffs in my last orbit

poker-penguin
06-14-2005, 01:28 AM
If anything I am a little tighter on my final hand UTG.

I think it is because mentally, the session is over, so I am done with poker for a little bit (even if it is only as long as it takes to have a quick stretch and a pee break), I don't want to blow my winnings, or make my losses worse.

Not much effect though, my UTG standards are pretty set for each table by the time the last hand comes up.

The exception to this is at a V tight table where an UTG raise might well take the blinds, in that case, I attack.