PDA

View Full Version : Quitting the 50s (low content)

hummusx
06-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Well, I guess maybe I'm just not good enough for the 50s. Or maybe I'm not tough enough. Either way, I moved up and am down about 30 buyins after only 130 games or so. I have had an absolute horrendous run of both randomly running into great cards when I push and almost never winning a coin flip.

However, even aside from all of this, I must admit that I didn't 'feel' like I had the edge that I have previously. Maybe that was just luck or maybe it was a product of everything else falling so poorly. It just seemed like there were a lot of people on the bubble, and most of them were pushing when they should while simultaneously calling me down with crap and sucking out.

Anyway, I'm dropping back to the 33s to try to rebuild my bankroll. I played 500 30s with a 20% ROI before moving up. Maybe this will let me figure out if I've made changes that are screwing me up.

kyro
06-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I felt the same way at the $109s after moving up from the $55s, and that was only after 30 or so. Build it up and go back. They are very beatable.

OrcaDK
06-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I think this is a very natural reaction to moving up in limits. I've experienced the same, though i've not come to the 50's yet. As kyro said, rebuild and try again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hummusx
06-13-2005, 11:22 PM
I went through something similar when I went up to the 30s. Not NEARLY as severe though. I had a killer streak for about 10-15, then a little snap back to reality, but by 100 games it had smoothed out pretty nicely. The 50s I just dropped and kept dropping, with a couple little bumps up to break even along the way.

Freudian
06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
The problem in these situations is that you just don't know how to analyze the situation.

If you are a winning player at the 33s there is no way you are a -23% ROI player at the 55s. So there is a big chunk of bad luck going on here. But finding out how big a chunk 1000 chips/harder opponents take out of your ROI (if any) is impossible until you get a good start when you move up again. You need the buffer of a somewhat smooth ride for a couple of hundred SnGs to feel comfortable.

hummusx
06-13-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem in these situations is that you just don't know how to analyze the situation.

If you are a winning player at the 33s there is no way you are a -23% ROI player at the 55s. So there is a big chunk of bad luck going on here. But finding out how big a chunk 1000 chips/harder opponents take out of your ROI (if any) is impossible until you get a good start when you move up again. You need the buffer of a somewhat smooth ride for a couple of hundred SnGs to feel comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've been telling myself, but it's hard to stay on top of my game when half my bankroll is gone in such a short time period.

vinyard
06-13-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a winning player at the 33s there is no way you are a -23% ROI player at the 55s. So there is a big chunk of bad luck going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said. Make some cash at the 33s, rebuild your BR and confidence and take another shot. Just stay off my tables while you are down here. ;-)

tech
06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I know it hurts worse right after a move-up, but a 30 buy-in drop at the 55s is certainly not unreasonable for a winning player.