PDA

View Full Version : How often do you pay off these river donkbets?

scotty34
06-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I just signed up for Absolute, and really have no database on anyone. FWIW I am brand new to shorthanded play as well. From the 3 orbits I've played with Villain here, he seems loose and usually very aggressive.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets $7.5 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9.75 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.87 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.87 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero??

This card pretty much completed every draw imaginable. If he checked, I think I would have bet and folded to a checkraise.

witeknite
06-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I pay that off here. If he's aggro, he would have bet or raised the flush draw on the flop IMHO. That just leaves the gut shot. I'd pay him off just for the read if nothing else.

WiteKnite

scotty34
06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pay that off here. If he's aggro, he would have bet or raised the flush draw on the flop IMHO. That just leaves the gut shot. I'd pay him off just for the read if nothing else.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well how about if I changed my read to say that he plays a lot of hands preflop, and raises a lot of them as well. He almost always bets out after raising PF. Other than that I can't say a whole lot about his postflop tendencies.

Does this change anything, or does it basically sum up to the same thing?

whodaman
06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
This is a fold that i dont like making, but without a read to say he would donkbet bluff the river, im folding. What hand other than a total bluff does he do this with that we beat? AJ with the ace of diamonds? i doubt it

witeknite
06-13-2005, 11:26 PM
I am wondering what he puts you on. This might be giving him to much credit to think he put you on a hand though. Did you think it might be a desparation bluff trying to get you to fold the side pot? I'm trying to think if all-in boy changed the situation.

WiteKnite

DMBFan23
06-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I would call against this opponent, to get a read and because you aren't necessarily beaten 1/9 times. I mean you have TPTK against a LAG, I know thats a generalization but I think you have enough to call.