PDA

View Full Version : Meep donkbets the flushy turn

brettbrettr
06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
So Meep's in the BB. I didn't say "sup" so he didn't have a chance not "sup" me back so needless to say he doesn't know who I am or that I'm a 2+2 sup saying type fella.

I probably have TAG stats in his DB but anything is possible b/c the stats I have on him don't seem much like Meep--not many hands, but he rates pretty passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">brettbrettr raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB :#A500AF(meep42)/ calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">meep42 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">brettbrettr raises</font>, SB folds, meep42 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">meep42 bets</font>,

OK, what's the plan from here?

Call the turn and raise any river?
Call-call?
Raise his weak ass right here?

rmarotti
06-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I think you're currently behind and meep's trying not to whiff with this Qhxh

Emmitt2222
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
calling from the BB he is much more likely to have a suited hand or a pp so I am thinking that he either has a set or a flush with the flush being much more likely. Basically I think you are behind here and if you raise you will just get 3bet. I would call/call unless you hit the nut flush on the river.

moomoocow
06-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd raise and call a reraise - fold river if unimproved. Check through on the river if called and no heart falls. I have no clue who this meep person is but you seem to respect him.

Against the average Joe Shmoe at the Taj, I raise and call a reraise on turn and call river unimproved. If raise is simply caleld and river is non threatening (not a A,K,9)- I bet out again.

brettbrettr
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't know that I respect him but he isn't average Joe Schmoe by any means.

rmarotti
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise and call a reraise - fold river if unimproved. Check through on the river if called and no heart falls. I have no clue who this meep person is but you seem to respect him.

Against the average Joe Shmoe at the Taj, I raise and call a reraise on turn and call river unimproved. If raise is simply caleld and river is non threatening (not a A,K,9)- I bet out again.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this makes any sense to me.

brettbrettr
06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this makes any sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying to raise, call, then fold if Meep bets a blank river.

I don't understand the thing about not betting if checked to on the river.

Moozh
06-13-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd definitely call and think about folding unimproved on the river. A donk bet by a good player is usually an attempt to make it 3.

brettbrettr
06-13-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely call and think about folding unimproved on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is out of the question. I agree that he could be trying to 3-bet but if I call its to call again, or raise.

Moozh
06-13-2005, 10:07 PM
You're right, I'm being weak tight. I'd probably call down. I guess I don't mind a river raise and fold to a 3-bet unimproved.

ckessel
06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't get how this is a donk bet. He makes his flush (or maybe 2-pair) and definitely doesn't want you to see a free card.

I probably call down after the turn (unless a heart hits the river) as betting into the flop raiser generally shows he's got 2-pair or better.

27offsooot
06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
call the turn. i think raising sucks.

meep_42
06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I had no idea you were a 2+2er at the time, just taggy.

And, I play pretty loose by board standards, I am also less agressive than most here, those two things leave my aggression lower than the 'standard.' (I also peel too much to T8)

-d