PDA

View Full Version : Two PF folds

DavidC
06-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Hmm... firstly, this is a rare circumstance. I didn't realize that there was as poster in the pot because I was playing too many tables. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The first limper was an LP, too, so it's reasonable to say that villain would have a wider range of hands than normal.

However, I had mined 850 hands on the villain, and he'd had a VPIP of 12% and had raised 2% (16 times in 850 hands). I figured it was a good idea to get out of the way.

Does that sound reasonable, or should I be to play this hand for "half price"?

Edit: Sorry, 17 raises.

---

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero (BB) folds...

===================

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero folds...

First orbit, no reads on the blinds. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DeathDonkey
06-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Hand 1: Meh its ok. You might show a profit calling and only playing on if you flop 2 pair, trips, or a straight.

Hand 2: I'd call since you have the button. I also might have raised myself the first time around.

-DeathDonkey

@bsolute_luck
06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
hand #1 is not major -EV. not a big deal i guess.

hand #2: so many called, seems you've got great odds for your flush draw. i'd probably call. see what happens on the flop.

DavidC
06-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Hmm... you guys are probably right on the K9s being worth a call...

I'd be getting about 7:1 on my flop call. Any idea what the odds are of it being capped (this would dilute my odds)?

Any idea what the odds are of me hitting a flush on the flop? (No idea?)

How about a four-flush on the flop? (8.5:1?)

With odds to chase the flush (good implied), I'd say that I'm free-rolling for two pair, and risking landing two pair vs a set or something like that on an ace-queen hi flop. But that's alright.

scotty34
06-13-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Meh its ok. You might show a profit calling and only playing on if you flop 2 pair, trips, or a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not continuing if you flop an A? Just because he is only 2% PFR, it doesn't mean the only 2 hands he will ever raise are AA and AK.

DavidC
06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I'd call since you have the button. I also might have raised myself the first time around.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about playing AQo only for two pair or flopped straights. I mean, the pot would be large enough that I had a gutshot draw I could chase it, and there's a chance he's going to be doing this with KK / QQ.

However, it's pretty clear that I:

1) Have to be very careful, since I could be dead, even on a lot of my strong made hands
2) Can put him on a very narrow range of hands.

It comes down to how often I'm going to flop a straight, or flop two pair, trips, or top pair, and still be ahead.

I don't really have any clue as to the math of the situation, though. I wasn't really in a position to make a correct judgement call as a result of that, on this flop.

--Dave.

badbill7
06-13-2005, 10:12 PM
i agree with scotty here while im not as good as any of you i see little reason not to call here you still have one caller who will in all likely hood call this raise also adding another bet to pot it seems worth a look at flop to me since you already put in one bet. to hard to tell what this guy has even if he is tight. just curious what is you vpip,pre flop percentage?

scotty34
06-13-2005, 10:33 PM
If you limped A8s or A9s UTG, would you fold that when he raised? Sure you can bring up the suited arugment I guess, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

davelin
06-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Against an unknown I'd call hand 1. I guess against an opponent you're describing, folding I guess is okay. Still I'd rather have a solid read rather than just nothing he raises only 2% of hands.

AlmightyJay
06-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Hand one is a call, I think. SSH agrees with me.

Hand two is possibly a call because of massive implied odds, but be prepared to get away from any flop that doesn't give you a flush draw. A fold isn't terrible by any means, though.

imported_The Vibesman
06-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Hand 1: I'd only fold if I was absoulutely sure villian would only bet pocket A's this way. You're getting half price, with the blind poster and MP2 in the pot already. See the flop, re-evaluate. If an Ace falls...lead into him, see how he reacts. As tight as he is, if he's got pocket K's, would he raise? Or only with A-K? With your read, you can be prepared to drop the hand right there. No ace no draw, just check fold (or bet fold if you think he is SO tight he may tighten up on AK on a ragged flop)

Hand 2: There are four other people in the pot (including bettors) that appear to be coming for the ride, even if it gets capped. When pots are shaping up to be huge, I'd say try to find reasons to call (or raise), not fold. I'd see the flop, based on the pot size. You need to worry about being outkicked if all you make is top pair, just be prepared to fold right there. As I said tho, this pot could be a nice big one, it's not like your hand is 6-2s, give yourself a chance to win. I even think you are getting good odds.

(edited to add plans after the flop.)