PDA

View Full Version : Short handed strategy -- downsizing the bets?

Rococo
06-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I have been thinking a lot about short-handed play recently. I am pretty convinced that the "default" flop bet in a 3-4 handed game should be no more than 50-60% of the size of the pot, whereas in a full ring game, it should be closer to 75-80%. I obviously am aware that there are a multitude of exceptions, but my general theory is that I should be betting a smaller percentage of the pot as the number of players decreases.

I haven't seen anyone raise this issue, and I am wondering if others agree, and if so, why? I play mostly 5-10 and 10-20 if anyone thinks that the answer depends on the size of the game.

FWIW, I'll post my thoughts later.

KaneKungFu123
06-13-2005, 11:39 PM
u should be mixing it up in relation to which player is in the pot with you.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking a lot about short-handed play recently. I am pretty convinced that the "default" flop bet in a 3-4 handed game should be no more than 50-60% of the size of the pot, whereas in a full ring game, it should be closer to 75-80%. I obviously am aware that there are a multitude of exceptions, but my general theory is that I should be betting a smaller percentage of the pot as the number of players decreases.

I haven't seen anyone raise this issue, and I am wondering if others agree, and if so, why? I play mostly 5-10 and 10-20 if anyone thinks that the answer depends on the size of the game.

FWIW, I'll post my thoughts later.

[/ QUOTE ]