PDA

View Full Version : AA 20/40. Folding.

Cancuk
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Live 20/40
Hero is button with Aces.
UTG, whos a solid regular, Bets,folds to a Ubber Rock (UR) Raises from CO, Hero makes it three bets from button. Blinds fold. UTG caps.
flop
K Q 5 (or some other blank, suits arnīt important)
UTG bets, UR raises, Hero folds.

the URīs range of hands is so small, especally considering the flop raise, and i didnīt think that the UTG would cap out of position with AK, so, basically...iīm dead.
is this standard? Weak? Boring?
all comments appreciated.
cheers.

DpR
06-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Folding here seems pretty nutz.

Cancuk
06-13-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding here seems pretty nutz.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands would you put Ubber rock on here? how about UTG capp? one of them, maybe the rock, has AK, and the other? AA, KK, QQ, maybe AK, but i doubt it.I donīt think hes capping AK or JJ out of position against two opponents who raised behind him. Correct me if iīm wrong.
Cheers.

PennDisc
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Your wording on the preflop action isn't the clearest (you said UTG bets... is that a limp or raise?) but my take is that UTG limp-capped. Given that strength (usually KK or AA) and uber-rock raising the flop - I can't see continuing in the hand, as one of them has to have a set. UTG could have AA and uber-rock AK, making you tied. You do have to be pretty confident in this read to make the laydown here though.

pokerhooker
06-13-2005, 08:24 PM
If he's an UberRock, it's a nice fold. The only hand he would raise there that you aren't behind are the other two aces. I don't see a rock raising AK after UTG capped and led the flop.

MrStretchie
06-13-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG could have AA and uber-rock AK, making you tied. You do have to be pretty confident in this read to make the laydown here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be tough with Hero holding AA...

ggbman
06-13-2005, 08:47 PM
This an easy fold regardless of what people have said if your reads are correct.

PennDisc
06-13-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG could have AA and uber-rock AK, making you tied. You do have to be pretty confident in this read to make the laydown here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was making a best-case scenario based on his reads. And even that is a bit of a stretch if uber-rock is as rock-like as we think.

piggity
06-13-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was making a best-case scenario based on his reads. And even that is a bit of a stretch if uber-rock is as rock-like as we think.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "tough" he means "impossible." There are only four aces in a deck.

Tommy Angelo
06-13-2005, 09:48 PM
"is this standard? Weak? Boring?"

Standard, strong, refreshing.

There's another that's downright exhilarating. I've got the button and KK. Ubber Rock makes it two bets. I make it three. Let's say Ubber Rock is the kind of guy who will no way invite it going to five bets when he's out of position with ace-king (in other words, if he was me). Ubber makes it four bets, I call, the flop comes Q-x-x, he bets, I'm out.

Tommy