PDA

View Full Version : WARNING POKER CONTENT: Survivor Audition Video Help? *DELETED*

karitek
06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Post deleted by karitek

Iamafish
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
How about having it nothing to do with poker?

karitek
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM
posted in wrong forum... sorry

lorinda
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
As a Big Brother applicant, I can tell you that the worst thing you can do is rehearse your speech, just go in there and answer what they ask you off the top of your head.

If you are what they are looking for you will get on, if not, you won't.
EVERYONE says they are funny/witty/entertaining etc and although Survivor is a different type of show, the same kinds of stock answers will apply.

Go in there with an open mind.

Lori

karitek
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
well im getting more response from this forum that the OTT and i've already cluttered up your forum anyhow. so i guess i'll post my original question:

'Hey, so i need to finish filming my audition tape for Survivor tonight, for part of it i wanted to film me playing poker for a hand while I have a voice over about my ability to play games and general strategy for survivor, etc.

Any ideas for a hand to stage? Needs to be pretty obvious to a lay person. '

thanks for the help, lorinda - i think the best thing i can do for all my interviews is be myself.

lorinda
06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Just a thought, I'd go with something that acknowledges the cliche.
Something like
"Everyone who applies for this show says they have what it takes.... in poker it is the same, except I have proved time and again that the others don't know what it takes"

or some other similar stuff.

Lori

karitek
06-13-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah, that's a good idea. the first half of my video is me taking them down into a sewer to show my other major hobby (urban exploration - basically checking out subway tunnels and abandoned buildings in the city). then i want to do the part about loving games and poker. and then a wrap up interview. the tunnel part looks great. i'm just a bit nervous about the poker part coming off right. i like the way your phrased that though.

BradleyT
06-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Throw some Bill Fillmathisms in there for good measure.